Threaded View

Default I turned off the Max Autowake and couldn't be happier.

Quick recap:
    Max Demo- Go out on the boat with dealer....I thought the best wave looked like we were in a 12ft aluminum boat with a 10hp kicker on it.
    I was going to pass on buying the Max.

Forum members and FB groups assure me the Max throws a wave with Midship ballast. -I bite and order the Max.

Dealer sets up boat and I bring it home. The wave is....Umkay sprinkled with disappointment.

I read Matt Brown's post. ( or Most of it.) - lengthy with explanation
    but little information on what I should do.

I fiddle with other forum memebers settings. But once again...Ho Humm.

Powered by Coors Light, I make a command decision as the Captain to Simply disengage Autowake.

And then........ It happened.

To my Shock and Awe. I witnessed the North Shore of Hawaii erupt from the back of my boat. "Satan!"I exclaimed. But no.. It was A HUGE playful,lovable wall of water that you just want to pet and give some happy Disney name to that emerged. Let's call him "Pushy" the wave. Pushy was so much fun that I didn't want to get back in the boat. I was Bogartting Pushy to be honest, but its my boat, so eat shit. It was just me and pushy having fun in the sun. After Several minutes of eye rollings and "C'mon Man's!" I had to say goodbye to Pushy and watch him go back into the Lake. -Till we meet again Pushy...Till we meet again.

And Then I knew I was on to something When old Man Jetski-John who typically has something to bitch about came up us bitching that my wave Knocked a lady off her feet while she stood on her floating dock. - I smile internally while humoring him about the misfortune. "Pushy" has a dark side or so it appears.
    Anyway. We Just wrapped the weekend up on the lake today, and Me and Pushy were once again reunited.

It is becoming quite simple. Fat Friends on the Surf side and full ballast. So tell me...Why do I want this damn thing draining my ballast and making my wave Smaller again?

Most certainly I am missing something in all fairness, but at least I am finally stoked on my 80k investment. I am sure I didn't have a $180k wave, but I was more than happy with what I had.
    Last edited by flienlow; 07-07-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L