Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default I turned off the Max Autowake and couldn't be happier.

Quick recap:
    Max Demo- Go out on the boat with dealer....I thought the best wave looked like we were in a 12ft aluminum boat with a 10hp kicker on it.
    I was going to pass on buying the Max.

Forum members and FB groups assure me the Max throws a wave with Midship ballast. -I bite and order the Max.

Dealer sets up boat and I bring it home. The wave is....Umkay sprinkled with disappointment.

I read Matt Brown's post. ( or Most of it.) - lengthy with explanation
    but little information on what I should do.

I fiddle with other forum memebers settings. But once again...Ho Humm.

Powered by Coors Light, I make a command decision as the Captain to Simply disengage Autowake.

And then........ It happened.

To my Shock and Awe. I witnessed the North Shore of Hawaii erupt from the back of my boat. "Satan!"I exclaimed. But no.. It was A HUGE playful,lovable wall of water that you just want to pet and give some happy Disney name to that emerged. Let's call him "Pushy" the wave. Pushy was so much fun that I didn't want to get back in the boat. I was Bogartting Pushy to be honest, but its my boat, so eat shit. It was just me and pushy having fun in the sun. After Several minutes of eye rollings and "C'mon Man's!" I had to say goodbye to Pushy and watch him go back into the Lake. -Till we meet again Pushy...Till we meet again.

And Then I knew I was on to something When old Man Jetski-John who typically has something to bitch about came up us bitching that my wave Knocked a lady off her feet while she stood on her floating dock. - I smile internally while humoring him about the misfortune. "Pushy" has a dark side or so it appears.
    Anyway. We Just wrapped the weekend up on the lake today, and Me and Pushy were once again reunited.

It is becoming quite simple. Fat Friends on the Surf side and full ballast. So tell me...Why do I want this damn thing draining my ballast and making my wave Smaller again?

Most certainly I am missing something in all fairness, but at least I am finally stoked on my 80k investment. I am sure I didn't have a $180k wave, but I was more than happy with what I had.
    Last edited by flienlow; 07-07-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Pics or it didn’t happen....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also never use autowake. I just fill it up and go. At most I change the plates to clean up the wave based on how many people I have in the boat. Usually, its just me and my wife or buddy so standard plate settings work (and also keep the center plate under 20).
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Max now.

Anytime I've tried AutoWake it was bleh. I think it's really meant to be used if you actually have a large size crew onboard. Idk. I've tried to fiddle with it and see it try to achieve "green" AutoWake status but so far I haven't had a crew onboard large enough to use it now that I'm done with break-in. I've read the long AutoWake thread and somewhat understand the principles of it but I just don't see it...yet. Maybe one day when I have a ton of people onboard it will be this amazing, consistent wave making feature but for now it seems manual mode if best way to shape a wave. YMMV

Anyways, glad to hear and got any pics lol?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Manual for surfing, autowake for wakeboarding

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    Manual for surfing, autowake for wakeboarding

Autowake for the win, like any tool you have to know how to use it. I didn't use it for my first 150hrs cuz I didn't read the posts and apply it. Now 100% autowake.

Next time you have that great wave flip on autowake and record the pitch and roll you like. Then set autowake to those numbers for the next time. Helps if you fill all ballast, then do a test run, turn on autowake then move ballast poeple to achieve the pitch roll you want. That way you get max ballast. It'll keep the pitch roll even when people move or as you burn fuel.
    Last edited by parrothd; 07-07-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I don’t understand sitting and watching autowake drain ballast and not doing something about it. It’s clearly trying to raise that side up so throw more weight in the opposite side and beat it to the punch. And keep all your ballast. It tells you what to do.

Don’t give up on autowake, it works great and probably the best system out there.

As others have said, fill ballast first to maximize weight, then move people to surf side or bow.

It’s an impressive system once you understand it.

And if you find a set up you like, save it in autowake.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I don’t understand sitting and watching autowake drain ballast and not doing something about it. It’s clearly trying to raise that side up so throw more weight in the opposite side and beat it to the punch. And keep all your ballast. It tells you what to do.

Well...I am keeping all my ballast by not using it? Do I need to add more roll to the boat?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Default I turned off the Max Autowake and couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Well...I am keeping all my ballast by not using it? Do I need to add more roll to the boat?
    Example....... fill ballast 100%, move your passengers to slightly bias the surf side, turn autowake on and let her eat.

I get autowake telling me where to add weight. I tend to get the alarm to add bow weight. The beauty of autowake is it tells you what to do.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan