Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I would think that Goose and the Skiers Choice folks should have a "Ideal or Optimum" Pitch and Roll for each hull from the Moomba and Supra lineups. Surely the "ideal or optimum" pitch and roll cannot be the same for say a Craz to a SL or SE.
    The problem is user preference, skim vs surf, beginner vs advanced, everyone has different styles and setups. The defaults are good starting place..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I might be wrong, but I thought all the defaults values were all set the to the same pitch and roll no matter which boat you had?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

To answer the earlier question, more displacement still really keeps the same default values as ideal. I use those numbers at all levels of displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    To answer the earlier question, more displacement still really keeps the same default values as ideal. I use those numbers at all levels of displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! That's what I was wanting to get some feedback on.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

I emailed goose back and forth about adjusting pitch and roll since I added 1280lb rear and 720lb mids. Goose said 3.5 port and 5.0 starboard are to allow best general wave both sides AND allow a fast transfer if you like to cross from regular to goofy surfing. Goose said if we only surf regular we might benefit using 4.5 roll port (regular style) He also said since I complained about a tall, short wave, I could drop the pitch to lengthen the wave. Best to move people upfront rather than sacrifice rear ballast to drop the nose. Anyway, a litlle more roll by moving more people to the port side did increase the wave height and push. I think I need to add 500lb of lead to the front. Anyway, just what I heard from Matt and it helped.
    2019 Moomba Max
    Indmar 400
    Gunmetal flake, black with graphics package
    Autowake 3.0, Flow 2.0, G6, surf pipe
    Bow filler, walk through screen, rear seat back kit
    Full gatorstep - grey, pop up cleats
    Strapless triton with swivel, bimini w/board storage
    GPS cruise with mapping, depth finder
    Rev 10's and 8's towers, amplified sub and 6 wet sound interior speakers
    Transom remote, dual batteries, bag storage trays

Quote Originally Posted by Frank C View Post
    I emailed goose back and forth about adjusting pitch and roll since I added 1280lb rear and 720lb mids. Goose said 3.5 port and 5.0 starboard are to allow best general wave both sides AND allow a fast transfer if you like to cross from regular to goofy surfing. Goose said if we only surf regular we might benefit using 4.5 roll port (regular style) He also said since I complained about a tall, short wave, I could drop the pitch to lengthen the wave. Best to move people upfront rather than sacrifice rear ballast to drop the nose. Anyway, a litlle more roll by moving more people to the port side did increase the wave height and push. I think I need to add 500lb of lead to the front. Anyway, just what I heard from Matt and it helped.
    Great info there, thanks for sharing that.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags