Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Example....... fill ballast 100%, move your passengers to slightly bias the surf side, turn autowake on and let her eat.

I get autowake telling me where to add weight. I tend to get the alarm to add bow weight. The beauty of autowake is it tells you what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Question. What if Autowake is not setup correctly? I don't know what the stock Autowake settings are, my boat was "Tuned" by the dealer. In the past Autowake wanted more Port weight, when all passengers were on the Port side. It drained the starboard tank, our wake was shit. I am sure these are issue that can be figured out though.

It seems like I should just keep all my ballast and roll the boat with the surf plates?
    Last edited by flienlow; 07-08-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I can’t speak to the MAX autowake settings, but out of the box my SA autowake settings rock.

I know the SC engineers spent a lot of time dialing in the factory presets.

But I understand the urge to go old school when a factory preset doesn’t produce what you want.

I do think SC needs to provide a Autowake tutorial manual and or videos. It’s an incredible tech tool, but most don’t understand it.

SC needs to dedicate and Engineering intern to write the manual

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Question. What if Autowake is not setup correctly? I don't know what the stock Autowake settings are, my boat was "Tuned" by the dealer. In the past Autowake wanted more Port weight, when all passengers were on the Port side. It drained the starboard tank, our wake was shit. I am sure these are issue that can be figured out though.

It seems like I should just keep all my ballast and roll the boat with the surf plates?
    You should need roughly 9 degrees nose up and 3.5 roll to regular and around 5 goofy. That’s a pretty decent setup for this running surface. Even if Autowake doesn’t have those angles inputted, just change them to that. Those are the basic ideal angles.

Rolling with plate tends to lift the boat a bit....but that’s one way to work toward it. I like to get the angles correct, be sunk as far as possible, and use as little plate as it takes to form a wave.

Auto awake itself is a pretty darn cool system even if you don’t use it all the time. But it’s definitely not useless.

You would definitely want to calibrate the system properly.

I really wish there was more info on how to use it. I will admit i am complete unfamiliar with how to use it but tried it for the first time this past week. I have a mondo with upgraded 750s in the back lockers, along with the 500 front bag and 500 centertank. I could not get a wave with any push. The wave looked great but when i surfed it, it was soft and couldn't vacate the rope. i think the center plate was hurting the wave. it was at 75 or higher for most of the session.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    I really wish there was more info on how to use it. I will admit i am complete unfamiliar with how to use it but tried it for the first time this past week. I have a mondo with upgraded 750s in the back lockers, along with the 500 front bag and 500 centertank. I could not get a wave with any push. The wave looked great but when i surfed it, it was soft and couldn't vacate the rope. i think the center plate was hurting the wave. it was at 75 or higher for most of the session.
    That is for sure. WP 0-15 is how you'll get most of the push. 10.8-11. Over 11 if you want to try to length a little bit has worked for me.

Wakeplate at over 15 is 'lifting' the back of the boat out of the water too much and not letting that lower edge cut into the water to start the wave.
    --
    2019 Craz

I did the same thing this weekend and finally got a good wave. I read through all of Matts comments about the autowake, but there is no replacement for displacement and that is part of what I was missing. I had full ballast, with #200 lead weight on surf side, #100 on starboard and #100 in front most storage area. Surf plate at 65, smartplate at 25 and speed at 11 mph, and I didnt have to pump my freaking face off to stay in the pocket. I did feel like the bow was stilling pretty low in the water and when it got real choppy I was concerned that it might take on some water. Whats your weight set up like?

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Autowake for the win, like any tool you have to know how to use it. I didn't use it for my first 150hrs cuz I didn't read the posts and apply it. Now 100% autowake.

Next time you have that great wave flip on autowake and record the pitch and roll you like. Then set autowake to those numbers for the next time. Helps if you fill all ballast, then do a test run, turn on autowake then move ballast poeple to achieve the pitch roll you want. That way you get max ballast. It'll keep the pitch roll even when people move or as you burn fuel.
    I think this hits the nail on the head. If you have a wave that you love, flip on AW and note your actual pitch and roll, and make those your default settings. Then it’s repeatable, which I think is AW’s main purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I think this hits the nail on the head. If you have a wave that you love, flip on AW and note your actual pitch and roll, and make those your default settings. Then it’s repeatable, which I think is AW’s main purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    So you are telling me that If I am running the boat with Cruise Control ON with all my 2 sandwich eating friends on the Surf side. I can then switch on Autowake and it will be display the Current pitch and roll of the boat??
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I don’t understand sitting and watching autowake drain ballast and not doing something about it. It’s clearly trying to raise that side up so throw more weight in the opposite side and beat it to the punch. And keep all your ballast. It tells you what to do.

THIS........
    This isn't directed any any one person, just a general statement. It's really quite simple when you actually take the time to learn how to use the tool. Matt Brown spent a considerable amount of time explaining AW and how to use it so there's very little excuse to not understand it. Can you create your wave manually, absolutely. But AW is also useful when you actually take the time to understand how it works and why it does what it does. If you let it drain your ballast then you clearly don't understand the system.

Do I think Skier's Choice dropped the ball on letting consumers know how to use it properly, absolutely. Do I think that the most useful info from the AW thread needs to be in a printed format and included in all future SC boat sales, absolutely..
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags