Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    So you are telling me that If I am running the boat with Cruise Control ON with all my 2 sandwich eating friends on the Surf side. I can then switch on Autowake and it will be display the Current pitch and roll of the boat??
    Yes it sure will. While in cruise, hit the bottom left button, it will activate AW and the symbol will go from ON to the AW symbol. It will then display your set points and your actual current values. I think you have like 10 seconds maybe before AW ACTUALLY engages and starts making changes. All you have to do is flip any of your ballast fill/drain toggle switches and it automatically takes you back to CRUISE ON. AW never has a chance to activate. This allows you to manually check your values and see where you can make moves to achieve your desired PITCH and ROLL without AW changing anything.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

I was talking to my local dealer about this and was told the biggest issue with AW is that many of the dealers don't know how to train the customer on it. He said it is fantastic when it is working properly but if the dealer doesn't calibrate the inclinometer and the walk the owner through the process, train with them on the water and make sure there are not outstanding questions then a lot of people turn if off because it is frustrating. It sounds like SC is working on tightening the dealer network a bit so more reputable dealers are selling more boats and the 1's and 2's boat sellers per year will be phased out. I think this helps the consumer. Ultimately if you are not using it I would suggest going back to the dealer and asking them to spend time with you on your boat on the water training you. This should be the case with any boat in my opinion. That is one reason I have ruled out Centurion, the dealer just wants to sell me a boat, any boat. The Malibu/Axis and Supra/Moomba dealer, same store, guys have all said they will spend a day or two on the boat with me to help me learn how to set it up to get a great wake for us.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

I would advise caution on ruling out Centurion. They throw a Savage wake.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    I would advise caution on ruling out Centurion. They throw a Savage wake.
    Centurion Ri’s are badass. But our local dealer struggles moving them.

I think part of the problem is a 38” draft compared to 28” on a Supra.

I know the lake that our centurion dealer is on has a shallow ramp and it’s a short cement pad.

I know I have to put my Supra trailer right at the rear of the pad to get it off, I honestly don’t know how they put Centurions in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Centurion Ri’s are badass. But our local dealer struggles moving them.

I think part of the problem is a 38” draft compared to 28” on a Supra.

I know the lake that our centurion dealer is on has a shallow ramp and it’s a short cement pad.

I know I have to put my Supra trailer right at the rear of the pad to get it off, I honestly don’t know how they put Centurions in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i would agree with this. Especially in some wisc lakes. 36" or higher draft is just not possible. I looked at Supreme when i was buying a new boat. Liked the styling of it, but draft is way too much.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    Yes it sure will. While in cruise, hit the bottom left button, it will activate AW and the symbol will go from ON to the AW symbol. It will then display your set points and your actual current values. I think you have like 10 seconds maybe before AW ACTUALLY engages and starts making changes. All you have to do is flip any of your ballast fill/drain toggle switches and it automatically takes you back to CRUISE ON. AW never has a chance to activate. This allows you to manually check your values and see where you can make moves to achieve your desired PITCH and ROLL without AW changing anything.
    This....Then take those numbers and set Autowake to use them then leave it on, it'll keep that wave..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Hey guys. I read most of this post and just wanted to let you know that I put the "printable" tips of the day on the sticky AutoWake post in the Sales forum.

I also appreciate the feedback and the support on this forum. The truth is we love the feedback even if it isn't the best news. A LOT of our improvements and changes come directly from customer feedback so if you are not telling us what you don't like, we may not know. In regards to AutoWake, I think if you read my tips of the day in consecutive order and read the last post I made about it, it might change your expectations of AutoWake and how we think you should use it or learn to use it. And as with everything in our boats, we know every design is NOT intended for everyone. We know that no matter what, some people are just not going to use or like AutoWake. And that's fine. And then on the other end, there are those that will love it and use it all the time. And then of course, you have the middle group that uses it some, uses it some for just pitch and roll display, and all of that is exactly what we expect. My hope with the tips of the day was mainly to educate EVERYONE about what all it can do. Then, once you understand that, use it how you like. We are trying our best to design it so that you can use it in multiple ways. I have also said this many times, but while I do think AutoWake is awesome, I also think it is still in the infant stage. Most people have no clue about how much technology we are actually putting in the boat and the potential this system has. Our hope is to develop a little more every year and in 10 years from now there is no telling what it will do. But, between now and then, just keep giving us your input. And we will try our best to listen.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Hey guys. I read most of this post and just wanted to let you know that I put the "printable" tips of the day on the sticky AutoWake post in the Sales forum.

I also appreciate the feedback and the support on this forum. The truth is we love the feedback even if it isn't the best news. A LOT of our improvements and changes come directly from customer feedback so if you are not telling us what you don't like, we may not know. In regards to AutoWake, I think if you read my tips of the day in consecutive order and read the last post I made about it, it might change your expectations of AutoWake and how we think you should use it or learn to use it. And as with everything in our boats, we know every design is NOT intended for everyone. We know that no matter what, some people are just not going to use or like AutoWake. And that's fine. And then on the other end, there are those that will love it and use it all the time. And then of course, you have the middle group that uses it some, uses it some for just pitch and roll display, and all of that is exactly what we expect. My hope with the tips of the day was mainly to educate EVERYONE about what all it can do. Then, once you understand that, use it how you like. We are trying our best to design it so that you can use it in multiple ways. I have also said this many times, but while I do think AutoWake is awesome, I also think it is still in the infant stage. Most people have no clue about how much technology we are actually putting in the boat and the potential this system has. Our hope is to develop a little more every year and in 10 years from now there is no telling what it will do. But, between now and then, just keep giving us your input. And we will try our best to listen.
    Matt, I appreciate the fact that you are part of the discussion on here and you engage in the dialogue. The biggest impression I've had from SC is that you're on here and you're taking the feed"back" to the company and trying to improve on an already great product. I have to be honest and say that I was given zero information on AW when I bought my boat so I didn't use it or buy into the program until I came across the AW post. I spent a considerable amount of time reading and trying to understand the technology. Now the people in my boat get tired of me moving them around trying to dial things in a little better while I anticipate how AW will react. It's actually quick fun working with the AW system instead of fighting it. It's a tool and just has to be used properly to get the best results.

It may already be in the works and I'm sure it's already been suggested but a booklet containing the main points and *TIPS* you've posted before would be an excellent addition to an owner's package and would educate new owners as well as eliminate a lot of the misconceptions about AW.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

i agree, more "how to" is needed. A road map to setting up the system up. My dealer said, just fill the ballast and turn on autowake. He said its the best advice he can give.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post

Still hoping you'll come hop on board one day with me, lol... but I agree, I use the auto wake screen all the time to get the boat how I want. Great tool even if I don't have the system activated.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold