Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    On my soulcraft’s, I’ve had to replace the traction pads just about every season. But they get a lot of use. I honestly think it’s the sun exposure that causes the most damage. I use a heat gun (very low heat) and pull the old pad, then throw on a new set. Just don’t overheat the board if you try this. I also have a smooth plastic scraper i use with goo gone if it won’t come up.

I didn’t think to try more adhesive since the pad is actually separating from the adhesive layer, rather than the adhesive pulling from the board. Let us know how this works after giving it a try. Regardless the traction areas are usually pretty beat up so I just swap them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You might be on to something with heat effects on your boards. How are you storing them as once a year seems extreme. We to have heavy use on our boards, 4 year old boards still look great except the odd one may have had a corner come up. Try ordering agenda traction, seems to hold up very well but haven’t had issues with stock traction either up here in the great white north.
    2023 Supra SL450 waiting for ice to melt
    2022 Supra SL450 Sold
    2021 Supra SL450 Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2017 MasterCraft X10 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold
    2003 Centurion Air Warrior Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Oldernotwiser View Post
    You might be on to something with heat effects on your boards. How are you storing them as once a year seems extreme. We to have heavy use on our boards, 4 year old boards still look great except the odd one may have had a corner come up. Try ordering agenda traction, seems to hold up very well but haven’t had issues with stock traction either up here in the great white north.
    I’ll admit, I’m probably not the most cautious with storing them. Mostly because the Sr didn’t have much room except in the racks. So I’d just put them pad side down in the racks. But in SC, sun can be intense and our season is pretty long. In the new SA I’ll try to keep them out of the sun which will hopefully make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk