Hybrid View

Default keeping the boat in a slip

I have never kept the boat in a slip before. We are going to have a slip for the week. Do you keep the battery switch on for the bilge in case something were to happen? how many lines do you run? I say 8, husband says that is over kill. How many fenders?
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Your auto-bilge should be wired directly to a battery, bypassing your switch. I leave my switch off overnight when in a slip for the week, and having auto-bilge directly to a battery still allows it to run if needed.

As for lines/bumpers, that really depends on the slip, and how calm it will be. We rent in Table Rock Lake for a week each year, and the boat slips are in a cove that is completely no-wake, so it's always calm. In that case, i just have two lines and two bumpers. If it was in a more exposed part of the lake, or if it was in a more narrow slip, then that would change. 8 definitely sounds like overkill to me. I couldn't see a need for more than 4.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I think the most lines I've ever had was 3. The slips I've been in are typically for 2 boats shared. So a line on the forward cleat and a line on the rearward cleat. Sometimes I did a line on the bow, but not that often. I like to use Exile Bouy balls and leave them attached to the dock so they're waiting for me. I've used 3 or more balls, depending on how protected I thought I needed to be.

And yes, your bilge pump should obviously have power while you're in the slip.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Agree on all that’s said... we put ours in a slip for the summer and end up running 4 lines when we leave the lake - we run 2 lines when we are in/out. Yes 4 is overkill, but we get 50mph+ winds so I don’t want to sweat it.

The most important line for me is the spring line.

Here is the most simple way to run it...

yeah 8 would have been over kill for sure, thanks for all the suggestions. After 6 days on the water we have it dialed.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Default keeping the boat in a slip

I did 5 days in a slip for the 4th of July. I put two bungee lines going away from each of the two cleats on the boat to cleats on the dock. Then I did a 3rd line from the forward boat cleat sideways to the dock cleat, just to keep the boat from pulling too far away from the dock towards the boat that was on the other side of our slip. I put 3 Exile Buoy balls along the side of the slip so I could come and go without having to move the bumpers. Left the bungee dock lines attached to the slip as well, so all the hardware was left at the slip.
    Last edited by trayson; 07-11-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com