Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I cannot confirm or deny that LR installed the system in my boat. the boat was from north texas/oklahoma region. one of the pics in the for sale ad was the boat sitting in their shop and all the ger that was not factory installed they sell so I am putting 2+2 and coming up with them as the installer.
    see pic of w7 box install and fan to keep the amp mounted on the side cool and decide if this is who should install. I have heard good things from them thru MLA but my audio is getting a full makeover this winter as it's a hot mess. and maybe this old owner was on a budget but......

Just like every place you hear good and bad things. A guy I know bought a g23 they had done and he had to re do the whole setup. They mounted all the fuses and two of the amps behind two 13w7 boxes that were bolted to the floor. So if he were to blow a fuse he would have to remove both hundred pound subs from the locker, unbolt the boxes and remove the boxes just to change a fuse. Then the wiring was not worthy of the “best installer in Texas” and they had a 6000 watt system ran off two batteries with no charger or upgraded alternator. But not to bash the place when they’ve done no work for me people get better and maybe he’s gotten better about treating every customer equally. But the videos seem to rock but videos don’t do most systems justice. But my main issues with shops like him and hydrotunes another installer I looked at is they don’t give these systems the amps they need to flourish. But hydrotunes I feel like if you have the dough or they aren’t going for pure aesthetics build a rocking system. But the green G would actually knock some teeth filling loose if the 12s had more than 650 watts on them at 12 volt and the 8s and the rest of the system was ran off maybe four 900/5s so the subs had rms power and the towers had more watts and the interiors all had their own channel. Just my opinion especially since I’ve seen it advertised as the loudest best sounding boat in the country.

My boat has a pair of 10s in the helm sealed, pointed at the driver. I was running my amp at 2 ohms and knew I had a bit of wattage that I was leaving on the table. So I got a 3rd 10 and put it in a separate box pointed forward with the port pointing up. It's basically in the space between the back of the first box and the backrest of the bow starboard seat. It made a world of difference and I didn't really lose anything, as it takes up a tiny amount of space since it's taller than it is deep. Money well spent without question.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Now Spokane audio if y’all have insta or Facebook they do some flawless work. They use all starboard no wood, the parts are 3D printed, and made by a Cnc machine. They just did a g25 with 8 jl subs 6 of them being the w7 and then 2 12s. It has 16 jl hd/mhd amps, 8 stinger batteries, and 20 8.8 jl speakers. Now that g and the wetsounds Tige are the loudest boats no question.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    My boat has a pair of 10s in the helm sealed, pointed at the driver. I was running my amp at 2 ohms and knew I had a bit of wattage that I was leaving on the table. So I got a 3rd 10 and put it in a separate box pointed forward with the port pointing up. It's basically in the space between the back of the first box and the backrest of the bow starboard seat. It made a world of difference and I didn't really lose anything, as it takes up a tiny amount of space since it's taller than it is deep. Money well spent without question.
    If I’m understanding correctly I don’t know if I’d have the space there as I already have 2 12s but it’d be worth some math and looking.

I’m thinking now 2 12xxxs because it is only a couple hundred dollars more. Also the accuracy of a 12 vs 15 is better. Also the output of 2 12s would be higher. I’m thinking about doing a box like this for these reasons 1. It’s aesthetically beautiful. 2 the Downfire would help the bass energy travel though out the boat 3. The direct radiating will hopeful travel through out to the swim platform.
    My only concern is a very strong rattling

Quote Originally Posted by rpk2016 View Post
    I’m thinking now 2 12xxxs because it is only a couple hundred dollars more. Also the accuracy of a 12 vs 15 is better. Also the output of 2 12s would be higher. I’m thinking about doing a box like this for these reasons 1. It’s aesthetically beautiful. 2 the Downfire would help the bass energy travel though out the boat 3. The direct radiating will hopeful travel through out to the swim platform.
    I like the acrylic in this box if it actually uploads but hoping for feed back on a set up like this. The good, the bad, the decent

Dynamat is your friend...

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Dynamat is your friend...

I like hearing that I want to upload some pictures does anyone know how to from MAC or iPhone? 1. of my current setup of the 2 12s and the other of what I have in mind.
    2019 Moomba Mojo "Murdered Mojo" Honey Diam Interior
    JL Audio M6 stereo
    2018 F150 V8 on V Rock 22s and 35s

I like hearing that I want to upload some pictures does anyone know how to from MAC or iPhone? 1. of my current setup of the 2 12s and the other of what I have in mind.
    Download the Tapatalk app, it's easier to upload photos.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I’m currently debating my new sub set up and I’ve never heard a xxx in person. I’m out on lake Houston but would love to come out that way and listen before making my decision.

Between a XXX 15 or 12 or go with a 13.5” w7. Whole boat is wet sounds so was hoping to keep it all wet sounds.