Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Adding some Bow bass

I currently have 2 jl 12 w6 and all m6 lit speakers. Took the boat out for the first time this weekend and the system rocked but in the bow their was of course a lack of thump. I am considering adding a 8w3 either ported or sealed on both sides of the bow or an m6 8ib lit with no box. Anyone done or seen anything like this in person. I’ve seen liquid rides and Spokane audio do this with 8w7 but I don’t want to give up that much space. I’ve considered putting a shallow mount but from research they have less output than a traditional woofer. Any feedback on this would be great. A 10w6 ported under the bowfiller cushion is my first choice but I don’t think it’ll fit. Amp will be either m1000/1 or m600/1 depending on sub choice. My concerns are storage loss and the added bass being non existing. I know it won’t be a lot but it will be some and a lil more on top of the 2 12s

Seeing as how I don't ride in the bow, I'd rather throw 500lbs of lead under the bow filler cushion but that's just me.

I'm just not sure how great of a frequency response you'd get in such an open air/wind blowing environment.

Yeah, Kevin Henry stuffed everything but the kitchen sink in his Liquid Rides G25 so if there is a will and means, there is a way.

P.S. the Gabe's Supra with twin 15" WS XXXs will put the smackdown on that green G. No contest, not even close.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I'm with rc. I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze in that case unless your boat lives at the party cove and bass is your primary goal for owning a wakeboat. never ever in the bow and spending enough coin on these things, personally could care less if there's bass for passengers up there but you will not have an issue finding a place to stuff a sub up there if you desire.

the debate is on: space vs bass
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Seeing as how I don't ride in the bow, I'd rather throw 500lbs of lead under the bow filler cushion but that's just me.

I'm just not sure how great of a frequency response you'd get in such an open air/wind blowing environment.

Yeah, Kevin Henry stuffed everything but the kitchen sink in his Liquid Rides G25 so if there is a will and means, there is a way.

P.S. the Gabe's Supra with twin 15" WS XXXs will put the smackdown on that green G. No contest, not even close.

Thanks for the response but you’ve got me wanting to do a stereo gut job lol. I do like SQ which is my original reasoning for going JL and I liked the built in leds in the tower plus headroom from not having 4 10s. But his boat is insanely under powered not one sub is at rms. But is there pics or videos of these 2 15s anywhere. My dads got a fishing boat and a ranger plus I’ve still got the stock recons so the jl equipment could be easy to dump off. But yes to respond to Sam I am trying to be the cool guy in the cove. not obnoxious but defiantly get some bass out there passed the swim deck. But we do surf a lot no wake boarding but batteries and heavy subs work just as good as lead lol. Also RC do you think there is room in the observer locker for a 4 ft cubic ft box. I love the JL so far but I know next summer I’ll want more cause that’s just my personality
    Last edited by rpk2016; 07-02-2019 at 02:47 PM.

But their is always two three people up there in the bow so making a better experience for them and a better one in the cove or in my case the island at Conroe would be a win win

Quote Originally Posted by rpk2016 View Post
    Thanks for the response but you’ve got me wanting to do a stereo gut job lol. I do like SQ which is my original reasoning for going JL and I liked the built in leds in the tower plus headroom from not having 4 10s. But his boat is insanely under powered not one sub is at rms. But is there pics or videos of these 2 15s anywhere. My dads got a fishing boat and a ranger plus I’ve still got the stock recons so the jl equipment could be easy to dump off. But yes to respond to Sam I am trying to be the cool guy in the cove. not obnoxious but defiantly get some bass out there passed the swim deck. But we do surf a lot no wake boarding but batteries and heavy subs work just as good as lead lol. Also RC do you think there is room in the observer locker for a 4 ft cubic ft box. I love the JL so far but I know next summer I’ll want more cause that’s just my personality
    More pics coming tonight....

Wanna win a DB Drag contest????

This is in an SA....

Also RC do you think there is room in the observer locker for a 4 ft cubic ft box. I love the JL so far but I know next summer I’ll want more cause that’s just my personality
    What model are you upfitting?

I'm not sure about the airspace requirements for the 15" XXX but everything is built and tuned to WS specs.

Mojo 19 maybe with some serious skills and a lot of venting it could work. This is my first own personal wakeboard boat. Dad had one growing up but my next purchase will defiantly be a SL. That or if y’all know anyone who wants a mojo at the end of the summer I’ve got one with the new tan interior, a JL Audio system, and title in hand

I know I can fit one under the drivers helm as there’s enough room under it to hide a couple bodies

I love the JL so far but I know next summer I’ll want more cause that’s just my personality
    you want more, I have had 12w6's in my last 2 boats. the one currently has a 13w7 under the passenger area. it's in a stupidly big ported box but man does it pound. put a pair of these in the boat, feed them an insane amount of power and you don't need anything else.
    I am actually contemplating removing it for a 12w6 but if anyone wants to know the difference between the 12 and 13 I can tell you it's a lot.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten