Default 2001 Outback leaning

Hey everyone, looking for some help and new to the Forum and Moomba.

Picked up a 2001 Outback and runs great, but if only one person in the boat, or no additional weight on the starboard side that side seems to lift. Seems like the weight of the boat is off balance? Is this a common problem or has anyone else noticed an issue similar to this? I thought I had seen a post on this topic but couldn't find it.

I had a person sitting on the left side of the boat and tracking was great, they moved to the rear (dead centre) and the driver's side dropped or the opposite side lifted and made steering/tracking a bit of a challenge.

Hoping someone may have some suggestions other than adding weight to the opposite (starboard) side as that doesn't seem like the right fix.

Thanks!

sorry, meant to indicate that the boat leans to the starboard side (driver's side) and the port side lifts. I've been told that this is due in part to the flatness of the hull on the Outback and is more noticeable when the gas tank is below 1/2 full. Seems odd, but any other insight would be greatly appreciated.