Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks guys! I’ll shorten it up next time we get out.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

There's no perfect answer. I prefer the large braided rope with knots. But one time, I was trying some trick and had a very loose grip on a shorter knot; I started to wash out, tried to clamp onto the rope to save myself and my hand slid down and slammed against the next knot. I stayed up but smashed one of my fingers. I wish I had just let go and I only use the last knot now.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

It's Winter here in downunder land but enjoying reading posts such as this.
    I tried as a noob to use the rope with knots but being a big guy couldn't hang on quite to get up and my knuckles would be sore for days afterwards.
    I swapped to a small handled surf rope and find getting up much easier allround, knuckles are fine, however I am very conscious about the hazard it all presents.
    Not saying this is the best way at all but I'm comfortable with it atm; I have shortened the rope length approx. 5-7ft where it affixes to the tower, once up the excess (if any) is grabbed along with the handle in one hand, ready to thow should, oh ...when, I fall. Of course I'd like to be surfing ropeless but that's gunna take a big wave! But we are getting there.
    Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    Bruce
    2014 Moomba Mondo

I have a T-handle laying around somewhere. Gimme $20 and I'll ship it over to you. I'll never end up using it. I think it came with the boat.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I have a T-handle laying around somewhere. Gimme $20 and I'll ship it over to you. I'll never end up using it. I think it came with the boat.
    I guess another forum member saw this and offered to buy it off me.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Dang. Wished you would have PM'd me but thanks for the offer bud.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I have the second one in red/white. The T-handle.

https://www.wakemakers.com/proline-t...yABEgJtV_D_BwE

I've always been worried about the triangle handle catching someone's arm, especially with little ones learning to surf. SOmeone here posted a video of a guy being dragged by the arm. Scary. The T-handle is not that hard to get up.
    Also the above rope is just long enough to keep u in the pocket. I think its a very good length. You should not have to coil the rope so much while you're trying to get your balance.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Dang. Wished you would have PM'd me but thanks for the offer bud.
    Sorry man. How about this one?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223114501886

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

We use a proline T handle and a knotted ronix without a handle. I quit letting most use the t handle because newbies huck it back in the boat, usually long before they should be, and have dinged my gel in a few spots. That ronix is where it’s at.. you can drop the rope and it stays in the wave nice, without a handle to be flipping it back and forth, nobody can throw and damage it, and nobody is getting hung up, short of looping their hand with it.. if people have a hard time gripping, there are a couple of grips that work a little better I usually have them grip it with the rope coming out of their hand between their middle and ring fingers and palms facing eachother.. that usually works good.. if not, have them grip the rope, one hand above the other, knot agains their thumb and forefinger of one hand, and the rope coming out of their palm and pinkie on the other. One of these grips has worked with almost every rider we’ve put on that rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Zackdogg for that explanation, never thought of that and will give it a go when the season opens up down here.
    Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    Bruce
    2014 Moomba Mondo