Default Help....Im not sure where to start with my ballast issue.

Hello All,
    I recently purchased a 07 Outback V, everything's stock. I took her our for a spin and my center ski locker ballast automatically filled up about half way. I first thought I accidentally bumped the button on, but I dumped it and it did it again. I need some advice or where to begin with this. I know where the sprinkler valve things are but could those be leaking and letting water in? Which valve goes to the front bag?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Branden

there will be 3 valves on the top of the vdrive unit. one to each side and one up front. just follow the hoses and you will find the one that goes up front or use an ohmmeter and turn on each bag and measure flow at the wiring to each valve. chances are the valve is bad or stuck open.
    depending on how much you want to put into the boat, best advice is to hook up with MLA on here and order a couple thru-hulls and new pumps hooking each bag up to it's own fill pump. the sprinkler valve setup is horridly slow and outdated.

good luck.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Check that the manual override isn't on. It's a little black lever on the valve. Quick cheap fix would be to pickup a 3/4 irrigation valve from any home improvement store and swap it out. Factory valves were Orbit but a lot of people switched to Iritrol 700 series valves which have more flow. 24 VAC valves work with 12 VDC in boats.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    Check that the manual override isn't on. It's a little black lever on the valve. Quick cheap fix would be to pickup a 3/4 irrigation valve from any home improvement store and swap it out. Factory valves were Orbit but a lot of people switched to Iritrol 700 series valves which have more flow. 24 VAC valves work with 12 VDC in boats.
    Good call with the level, I didn't even think to check that. Im all for upgrading, if I throw in the a 3/4 Iritrol valve would the flow gain be worth it since all the lines to and from would still be 3/4?

I switched to Irritrol valves when 1 of my Orbits failed and it did reduce my fill times. I didn't want to go the reversible pump route since I usually putter to the end of my cove while filling ballast.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI