Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2019 Moomba Craz PRO VS 2019 Axis T22

Hello All,

Need your input, advice, and opinions.

I am stuck between these two boats. The Craz Pro is 3K more in price. I have demoed the T22, I will not be able to demo the Craz Pro. Both are brand new.

My main question is which one will perform better in terms of surfing. I thought the T22 wave was very good.

The Craz Pro does have the 3.0 flow system. Not sure if this is a big deal or not.

Please enlighten me. Pros and cons of each boat for those who have had experience.

Than you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba00 View Post
    Hello All,

Need your input, advice, and opinions.

I am stuck between these two boats. The Craz Pro is 3K more in price. I have demoed the T22, I will not be able to demo the Craz Pro. Both are brand new.

My main question is which one will perform better in terms of surfing. I thought the T22 wave was very good.

The Craz Pro does have the 3.0 flow system. Not sure if this is a big deal or not.

Please enlighten me. Pros and cons of each boat for those who have had experience.

Than you in advance.
    Craz and autowake for the win.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba00 View Post

Than you in advance.
    Are you sure?!? I thought the main mechanical difference of the Pro was the inclusion of 3.0 ?

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

it is, and also that it comes pretty loaded with options. I haven't seen the T22 wake, but i have seen the craz wake it with the right ballast its very good.
    2019 Mondo

Both will throw a great wave with the right setup, I'd put my Craz up against anything in the 22ft segment. The quality of the interior and the feel inside the boat is what pushed me towards the Moomba. Not to mention that Axis tower is not very aesthetically pleasing
    2021 Supra SA 450

Craz wave is just as good, overall boat feeling/fit/finish/experience is far superior to the Axis.
    2019 Supra SL450

The Craz Pro is a beast with the 3.0 and heard the Makai is coming with the option of 3.0. I suggest to ride and drive both but pay attention to how they drive while surfing. The Axis is a wonderful wave but IMO the drive is horriable with the surf system deployed. Keep us updated on what you choose.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I've surfed the T22 and loved the surf wave. For just surf wave I'd give props to the Axis - they really make an awesome wave. Moomba's are good (I'm on my 3rd Moomba) but that's more to do with budget constraints. The Axis / Malibu's have a big weight issue at the front end of the boat when driving. They lack enough weight up there and the nose pops up - The surf Wedge only makes that worse - they do what they can to counter this by putting batteries up front now, having elevated seat, etc, but it's still an issue when driving especially while surfing. Malibu / Axis make an AWESOME wave for their size... My buddy's 21 foot Malibu VLX has a better surf wake than my Mojo wave (I surf with over 4000 pounds of ballasts too with a wake shaper), but hey - I paid 35+k less than him and have a bigger boat...

The Moomba will drive better when surfing for sure, I'm not convinced the wave would be as good on the Moomba though...

Try to test drive both, and make sure they're weighted similar... The Wedge works really well on the Malibu / Axis - adds the weight without adding the weight so you surf at lower rpm's = less gas. Negative is the front end is too light and flies high, but the surf wave really is awesome...

Good luck!! It's a win /win - you'll love whatever boat you choose!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

I'll give my 0.02 since it's a little different than others. I have a 16 mojo and I surf an 18 T22 and 19 T23 regularly, all are pretty well set up to their potential. They are all within 5% of each other but the T23 wins out by just a bit on wave alone. On these axis boats, neither surf with the wedge and put a lot of lead in the nose so bow height isn't too bad, but definitely still worse than my mojo. If driving characteristics matter to you while surfing, get a moomba, bow rise and just trying to turn while surfing an axis is rough but doable. Moomba is very easy to drive while surfing. We prefer fit/finish of moomba to axis. All said and done it was a close call for us but we landed on moomba and are very happy.

Also, be prepared to add weight to that Craz if you get it, axis doesn't need as much weight, any moomba does because of how their tab system works and also because of marketing for number of passengers and how axis and moomba do that different.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    The Wedge works really well on the Malibu / Axis - adds the weight without adding the weight so you surf at lower rpm's = less gas.
    That's not true at all. The wedge is a giant drag on the boat, as is the surf gate. The A22 I demoed recently only had pnp 500s in the rear lockers above the stock ballast, plus wedge and was turning over 4k rpms. Check out the Boardco videos comparing fuel consumption. Malibu (and Axis, becuase they have the same setup) use a LOT of gas.
    2019 Supra SL450