Default Upgrading G3 ballast from 3 to 6 pumps

Anyone out there tried to upgrade their G3 ballast (with 3 pumps) to the 6 pump setup (G6 setup)? My 2019 Craz came with G3 and it takes 10+ minutes to full up the tanks...even more for the center/bow (don't even want to think how long it would take if I upgraded to 1450 Enzos). I'm running the stock 3000lb ballast. I can only imagine what the dealership would charge for this upgrade. Looking for advise on what kind of changes I would need to make. Obviously that means 3 new pumps and plumbing and likely 3 more holes in the hull. Its probably gonna be more time/effort/$$$ than its worth. Comments welcome!
    2019 Moomba Craz - Autowake, 3600lb ballast + 400# lead,OJ 945
    2015 Monterey 204FSX sold

Quote Originally Posted by bteeter View Post
    Anyone out there tried to upgrade their G3 ballast (with 3 pumps) to the 6 pump setup (G6 setup)? My 2019 Craz came with G3 and it takes 10+ minutes to full up the tanks...even more for the center/bow (don't even want to think how long it would take if I upgraded to 1450 Enzos). I'm running the stock 3000lb ballast. I can only imagine what the dealership would charge for this upgrade. Looking for advise on what kind of changes I would need to make. Obviously that means 3 new pumps and plumbing and likely 3 more holes in the hull. Its probably gonna be more time/effort/$$$ than its worth. Comments welcome!
    Put the boat in neutral and bump the rpms up to 1500ish makes the pumps run faster.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Search back to some of the winter threads. Some good discussion on this topic. One of the challenges is the wiring. I remember some folks had it figured out with relays so that it could run seamless to the way your switches run now.

Another option is to keep 3 pumps but upgrade to the jabsco ballast king. I think that is on my future mods list.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

I would love to do this. I started a wiring diagram and parts list but postponed the project when I learned it would cost over 1k. You need SPDT relays to work with the existing timers while still being able to reverse the pumps. You could make a simpler system cheaper but it wouldn't be as convenient.

I have to wait 14.5 min to fill my piggy-backed rear and midship bags so the idea is very tempting.
    2016 Mojo

Thanks, the revving up the engine did make a small improvement...and didn't cost a thing!

Got 2 more question here....

Anyone know what the stock ballast pumps are on a 2019 craz? Still got mine in winter storage and not able to look for myself

Has anyone upgraded their pumps to the Jabsco ballast king? Did it work? Wondering if the stock wiring/fuse can handle the additional load.

They are the jabsco “puppies”. Upgrading to ballast kings is definitely doable and maybe on my future projects list. Search the forum as there has been some threads on such. I do think you will need to upgrade fuses or breakers and possibly wire gauge — I can’t recall.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE