Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Welp, I got the Wakemakers kit in after waiting a month, and they didn’t send the hole saw to drill into the hull (they don’t sell 1 1/16” at HD), so I’ll be waiting for Amazon to get that to me ASAP!
    Anybody do this upgrade & have any tips for me? I already know how & where to drill my holes, wiring needs to go up through the starboard gunnel, but anything other than that I’d love to know.

My local mom & pop tire shop gave me 300 lbs of wheel weights for $40, wonder if I should melt it down into ignots or just buy some empty Mission Atlas bags and throw the weights in those. Has anybody ever gone this route for lead ballast?

As y’all know, the old LSV’s are lacking in the storage space category (especially loaded with ballast). I yanked out my 12” sub and will be buying a much smaller setup (10” kicker tube combo to be exact) to give me some space under the helm.

Anybody in Austin want to buy this one for cheap?! Rockford Fosgate T1 sub with waterproof ported box built to spec, 800w rms/1600w peak. It’ll shake your boat and your soul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shaneo24 View Post
    My local mom & pop tire shop gave me 300 lbs of wheel weights for $40, wonder if I should melt it down into ignots or just buy some empty Mission Atlas bags and throw the weights in those. Has anybody ever gone this route for lead ballast?

I did this, it sucks. I had a full bucket, got 70 lbs of actual lead out of it. Not a lot of tire weights are actually lead anymore.

If you want to use it as it sits, make sure you wash it all, and clean all the trash out of the weights, because the tire guys throw all kinds of crap in there, ash in it, and throw their cigarette butts in with them. Pretty gross.
    2019 Supra SL450

I would put wheel weights in a Home Depot tool bag and call it a day. I also would minimize handling lead.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by shaneo24 View Post
    Welp, I got the Wakemakers kit in after waiting a month, and they didn’t send the hole saw to drill into the hull (they don’t sell 1 1/16” at HD), so I’ll be waiting for Amazon to get that to me ASAP!
    Anybody do this upgrade & have any tips for me? I already know how & where to drill my holes, wiring needs to go up through the starboard gunnel, but anything other than that I’d love to know.

As y’all know, the old LSV’s are lacking in the storage space category (especially loaded with ballast). I yanked out my 12” sub and will be buying a much smaller setup (10” kicker tube combo to be exact) to give me some space under the helm.

Anybody in Austin want to buy this one for cheap?! Rockford Fosgate T1 sub with waterproof ported box built to spec, 800w rms/1600w peak. It’ll shake your boat and your soul!

What you do too the Porsche to have a intake manifold sitting on the bench lol

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    What you do too the Porsche to have a intake manifold sitting on the bench lol

It’s an upgraded intake with a larger 84mm throttle body. From the factory it was part of a $20k power kit. She has about 620hp/650tq as it sits now, this won’t add much power but will smooth out the hp/tq curve.

Nothing stays stock in my house!

WakeMakers sells 1020# bags for our lockers. They are 50 x 25wide x 20 tall.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV