Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Moomba owner, intro & build/fix thread

Hi Y'all!

I live in Austin TX, moved here 2 years ago and was immediately bitten by the wakesurf bug by spending our first summer out on Lake Austin & Travis with friends with boats.

Since last summer, I've been passively looking for a good deal on the right boat and... I just purchased my first "starter" boat.
    2004 Mobius LSV, 432 hrs. New vinyl, new $3k stereo (previous owner owns a custom audio shop), a crappy wrap that I'm sure is hiding some gelcoat weathering, but the hull is in great shape and seems like a solid boat. I think I'll keep the wrap for the season while I get used to driving the boat, and pull it off next Spring & see what kind of condition the gelcoat is in, and attend to that as needed.

It came with some smaller rear fatsacs, and a really large fatsac in the ski locker that I have yet to use (no idea weight of them yet). I have no idea if the ballast pumps work or not, as the seller didn't use them and had the bags in storage when I test drove it. That makes me think the pumps don't work, so that'll be a bridge to cross very soon.

Parts already bought, after my first weekend of ownership - new drive belt, new tracking fin, temp gauge and sending unit, more jackets, wakesurf rope, starter wakesurfer for my fiance, fenders, tie down ropes, anchor, and other small stuff. I'm a big DIY'er so I plan on tackling all of this myself.

First, I promise I have searched the forum for these answers before asking!

I do have a couple of things that need attention, and hopefully y'all can help;
    1. These wires (pictured)... does anyone know what they are for/where they go? One is a positive & ground combo, the other wire clips into something?
    The wires were hanging loose when I was inspecting the engine bay & absolutely no idea what they are meant for. Blue circle is where the wires are coming from, red arrows are the wires.
    2. Best places to find OEM replacement parts? I've found Bakes, Overtons, Wakemakers, but not many places to find ALL OEM parts if I ever need them.
    3. Best rear bag weights for wakesurfing?
    4. Best wakesurfer for me? I'm 6 ft 185 lbs, athletic. Last summer was my first time wakesurfing, I have gotten up every single time and by the 4th time out I could ride without rope. So, I think I'm looking for an intermediate/advanced board, that will allow me to gain more skill without having to upgrade over & over - but too new to understand what I need to get!

Anywho, thanks all! I look forward to learning and contributing as much as possible through my Moomba ownership!

Cheers,
    Shane
    Last edited by shaneo24; 06-26-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Well, I keep trying to add photos but the forum comes up blank after every upload. If anyone could PM me and help out there, that would be great! Thanks again.

If you are a brand new member your pictures might have to be cleared by a moderator before they post. I think it used to be that way, not sure if it still is. Might explain why they aren’t showing. Welcome to the moomba forums

Chaos make some good board and as a bonus they are located right there in Austin. I would check them out for sure.

For OEM parts looking into skidim.com they have a huge selection of OEM tow boat parts.

For a 2004 Mobius LSV you may want to consult with bergemeister or how every you spell it. I think his LSV is about the same year model. I had a 2008 but it is a different hull than the 2004.

Welcome to TX and be sure to check out the Moomba/Supra TX Jam we host every year on the Trinity River just outside Huntsville, TX. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1953830211561796/

This years event is the last weekend in July.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

berg's boat from the pics I have seen is immaculate and would use him as the catalyst to what you should aspire to

that being said when it comes to the ballast first order is to hook up with MLA on here and ditch the sprinkler valve/single scupper setup to a 3 thru-hull setup. faster fill times and eliminating the flow robbing sprinkler valves is a must.

good luck and as they say, pics or you didn't buy it
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    If you are a brand new member your pictures might have to be cleared by a moderator before they post. I think it used to be that way, not sure if it still is. Might explain why they aren’t showing. Welcome to the moomba forums
    Nah there’s been an issue uploading pics for a while now. I wished they would fix it so I don’t have to dump stuff on imgur just to post a pic here. Also wished they would lift the 4 pics per post limit but I’m ranting lol

Welcome to the forum shaneo24!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the insight! As for pictures this is the best I can do for now.

[IMG]https://imgur.com/a/rNb9lHu[/IMG
    ]

(you'll have to take the separate bracket and add to the end of the imgur link)

David, I joined that facebook group, thanks!
    Sandm, are you talking about a factory ballast upgrade like what Wakemakers offers?

Ugh, so sorry y'all...

https://imgur.com/gallery/4s7LX3O

Quote Originally Posted by shaneo24 View Post
    Sandm, are you talking about a factory ballast upgrade like what Wakemakers offers?
    not sure on wakemakers stuff. pm MLA on here. mikes liquid audio. he has taken care of me on my last 2 boats and knows what to ship ya and walk you through the wiring and anything else you need. customer service after the sale is first rate.

and he'll walk you through losing all the old sprinkler valve parts. slow ballast fill times and prone to issues.
    Last edited by sandm; 06-26-2019 at 07:54 PM.

here ya go. nice ride