Threaded View

Default New Moomba owner, intro & build/fix thread

Hi Y'all!

I live in Austin TX, moved here 2 years ago and was immediately bitten by the wakesurf bug by spending our first summer out on Lake Austin & Travis with friends with boats.

Since last summer, I've been passively looking for a good deal on the right boat and... I just purchased my first "starter" boat.
    2004 Mobius LSV, 432 hrs. New vinyl, new $3k stereo (previous owner owns a custom audio shop), a crappy wrap that I'm sure is hiding some gelcoat weathering, but the hull is in great shape and seems like a solid boat. I think I'll keep the wrap for the season while I get used to driving the boat, and pull it off next Spring & see what kind of condition the gelcoat is in, and attend to that as needed.

It came with some smaller rear fatsacs, and a really large fatsac in the ski locker that I have yet to use (no idea weight of them yet). I have no idea if the ballast pumps work or not, as the seller didn't use them and had the bags in storage when I test drove it. That makes me think the pumps don't work, so that'll be a bridge to cross very soon.

Parts already bought, after my first weekend of ownership - new drive belt, new tracking fin, temp gauge and sending unit, more jackets, wakesurf rope, starter wakesurfer for my fiance, fenders, tie down ropes, anchor, and other small stuff. I'm a big DIY'er so I plan on tackling all of this myself.

First, I promise I have searched the forum for these answers before asking!

I do have a couple of things that need attention, and hopefully y'all can help;
    1. These wires (pictured)... does anyone know what they are for/where they go? One is a positive & ground combo, the other wire clips into something?
    The wires were hanging loose when I was inspecting the engine bay & absolutely no idea what they are meant for. Blue circle is where the wires are coming from, red arrows are the wires.
    2. Best places to find OEM replacement parts? I've found Bakes, Overtons, Wakemakers, but not many places to find ALL OEM parts if I ever need them.
    3. Best rear bag weights for wakesurfing?
    4. Best wakesurfer for me? I'm 6 ft 185 lbs, athletic. Last summer was my first time wakesurfing, I have gotten up every single time and by the 4th time out I could ride without rope. So, I think I'm looking for an intermediate/advanced board, that will allow me to gain more skill without having to upgrade over & over - but too new to understand what I need to get!

Anywho, thanks all! I look forward to learning and contributing as much as possible through my Moomba ownership!

Cheers,
    Shane
    Last edited by shaneo24; 06-26-2019 at 02:03 AM.