Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fenders

I also went with the Exile BOGO this year and I'm very happy. I think the regular exile size is the ideal size. Any bigger and it would take to long and much energy to quickly blow up ( takes less than 30 sec to huff it up) and I don't need the boat that far away from the dock, making it a stretch for kids and wife to jump the gap. The exile seems very well made. Only complaint is the $$ shipping on the BOGO deal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I blow mine up with a small air pump made for inflatables. Just plug it into the cigarette lighter and it takes less than 30 seconds per ball and I fill them while prepping the boat for launch as part of the launch routine.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I'd be interested in Babz at 18"..24" is huge and nobody wants to jump to the dock or another boat.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

This thread made me realize I do my exile balls wrong on tie ups lol I’ve been tying them to a rope and then to the cleat. I never even thought about floating them like that. #imakook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    This thread made me realize I do my exile balls wrong on tie ups lol I’ve been tying them to a rope and then to the cleat. I never even thought about floating them like that. #imakook

#kooksonly
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    We went with Exile during one of the BOGO deals. $24 for two fenders is unbeatable. I like that they’re a bit smaller, we throw them in the OB and never deflate.

Only problem I’ve found is that these boats are widest at the tower. The BABz balls are better for tying up due to the increased clearance provided. You can see how I had to throw in another fender on the tower:

But we rarely tie up and I like that the Exile balls don’t keep my boat really far away from the dock.

Having my gf get fenders and ropes ready while I bring the boat in is like pulling teeth. Same routine every time, but I have to explain exactly how to do it while trying to drive at the same time. Never fails.

I like your set up with the balls already on the tie-up ropes. Are those ropes a particular model/style or just something you had laying around? I think I'm going to make two set ups the same as yours.
    '19 Moomba Craz

'17 Heyday WT-1SC - Traded

I hang my fenders from these since we typically aren’t at the dock long enough to tie up, just dropping off or picking up people (unless we are at the in-laws lake house for the weekend).

Easily adjustable to account for dock height or if ballast is full/empty.

Nite Ize CamJam Cord Tightener 2 Pack With 8FT of Paracord, Lightweight Plastic Tie Down Cam Mechanism With Carabiner Clip + Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RQ3MSC..._5HdvDbRBK78T2
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018