Thread: Brigade Boards

Default Brigade Boards

I have a chance to purchase a Brigade Bravo 5'0" and/or a Brigade Surf Couch 5'4" at a good price.

From the reviews that I've seen and read, both of these boards especially the Surf Couch would work for me as I'm 6'4", 250 lbs.

I haven't seen these boards mentioned often (or at all) on the forum and I was wondering if anyone has owned or used one of these boards and their thoughts on these boards?
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Haven't ridden them but I know Brigade was at Southern Surf Fest in the past. Maybe can find their reviews still online.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

my memory's a little fuzzy from too many birthdays and coors lights but iirc- and i'm stepping on my soapbox for a second as the wakesurf community in boise was pretty small for a period of years......
    brigade is based out of boise and the basic idea was from nick. he was a pompous ass if you ask me. spent a few surf sessions on the water with he and jeff from soulcraft and he had nothing good to say about anybody's boat despite the fact that he didn't own one. if it wasn't a enzo240 it was a pile of poo. he was basically a pool plasterer by trade that could surf well but no business acumen and bumming off his 'rents. the guy running brigade now got left holding the bag and not surprised.
    rumors early on and a little bit of drama in boise had brigade supposedly copying soulcrafts designs but believe this was driven by nick, not the guy running it now. nick learned to shape from jeff and stories are he fingered a few designs. if you have ever met jeff he's WAY too nice to call anyone out so life went on. not many in the boise wakesurf scene at the time would be seen riding a brigade. most of us owned soulcrafts. figured brigade would sell some clothing for a few years and fade off.

that being said their boards won't be any different from other shapers in the surf style marketplace. if you think they're a good deal snag them. sure they will ride well.
    I'll stick with soulcraft
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    my memory's a little fuzzy from too many birthdays and coors lights but iirc- and i'm stepping on my soapbox for a second as the wakesurf community in boise was pretty small for a period of years......
    brigade is based out of boise and the basic idea was from nick. he was a pompous ass if you ask me. spent a few surf sessions on the water with he and jeff from soulcraft and he had nothing good to say about anybody's boat despite the fact that he didn't own one. if it wasn't a enzo240 it was a pile of poo. he was basically a pool plasterer by trade that could surf well but no business acumen and bumming off his 'rents. the guy running brigade now got left holding the bag and not surprised.
    rumors early on and a little bit of drama in boise had brigade supposedly copying soulcrafts designs but believe this was driven by nick, not the guy running it now. nick learned to shape from jeff and stories are he fingered a few designs. if you have ever met jeff he's WAY too nice to call anyone out so life went on. not many in the boise wakesurf scene at the time would be seen riding a brigade. most of us owned soulcrafts. figured brigade would sell some clothing for a few years and fade off.

that being said their boards won't be any different from other shapers in the surf style marketplace. if you think they're a good deal snag them. sure they will ride well.
    I'll stick with soulcraft

A lot of good info Sandm... much appreciated.

I would definitely be looking at a Soulcraft or Doomswell over a Brigade if they we local to me, but up here in Ontario Canada, the board selection is limited to the big mass production names i.e. Liquid Force, H/L, Ronix & Phase 5. Ordering from the U.S.A. kills me with an additional 30% exchange plus the extra shipping costs.

Both boards are last years model and very lightly used: Bravo $350.00 CAD ($265 USD) & Surf Couch $400.00 CAD ($303 USD). For comparison, a new H/L Landlock is $370.00 on sale and a H/L Broadcast is $480.00 on sale. The Brigade boards are $699.00 USD on their website which converts to $923 CAD + shipping.
    Last edited by Mondo Ken; 06-25-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

I'm sure you will enjoy them.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten