Default 2015 Mojo HU replacement

my Fusion HU needs to be replaced (RA-205) and Fusion has discontinued that model and replaced it with the RA-55 which does not allow use of my rear deck remote. There is no room for a standard size HU without cutting into the dash. Has anyone replace the RA-205 and what did you replace it with? Still want to have the functionality of the rear remote. Current system has the 4 interior speakers and and amp pushing the 4 tower speakers. needing some advice as using a bluetooth JBL portable speaker is not working for us.
    2015 MOJO
    09 XLV - Roxy Blue (SOLD)

Check into the MS-BB300R or the RA670. The BB300R comes with a remote thats the same as on your transom, so just needs a filler trim plate to fit it in the spot as the 205. I have not compared the dimensions of the Apollo RA670 to the old 205 but I think its smaller like the 205.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Check into the MS-BB300R or the RA670. The BB300R comes with a remote thats the same as on your transom, so just needs a filler trim plate to fit it in the spot as the 205. I have not compared the dimensions of the Apollo RA670 to the old 205 but I think its smaller like the 205.
    Do you have any experience with the new unit from wetsounds? I want that to be my go to once my fusion fails out of warranty but it looks to be a different design and may not fit properly.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Do you have any experience with the new unit from wetsounds? I want that to be my go to once my fusion fails out of warranty but it looks to be a different design and may not fit properly.
    Yes, on both the MC1 and MC2. The MC1 is a black-box setup and the MC2 is an all in 1 compact head setup. The MC1 is a large 7"W x like 5" high. the Mc2 is more square, but cant remember the screen dimensions. Maybe in the range of 4"H x 3"W. Both would require some custom fabrication do to moomba recessing the small footprint of the fusion 205

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Yes, on both the MC1 and MC2. The MC1 is a black-box setup and the MC2 is an all in 1 compact head setup. The MC1 is a large 7"W x like 5" high. the Mc2 is more square, but cant remember the screen dimensions. Maybe in the range of 4"H x 3"W. Both would require some custom fabrication do to moomba recessing the small footprint of the fusion 205
    Any idea why they didn't design something that could directly swap out with a fusion?? Seems like they would want it to be able to easily replace one of the most popular factory installed marine source units.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I appreciate you getting the information for me. I found the installation template for the 205 and the 670 appears to be using the same cut out and drill holes so I am going to go ahead and order the 670 from Crutchfield this week. Not 100% sure if the transom remote is compatible since fusion has come out with an updated version of what I have but we will see. The tech notes say that it will connect to any NRX wired remote. At this point just looking forward to some tunes on the boat and not having to go through some significant modifications for another head unit.
    2015 MOJO
    09 XLV - Roxy Blue (SOLD)

Man, these 205's are crapping out all over the place. I'm in the same boat as y'all. Waiting forever for dealership to get squared away whether i'm covered under a warranty or not.
    Makes no sense that both Skier's Choice would make a recess to fit a particular form factor and then for Fusion Marine to discontinue said model and replace w/a different form factor. "hey, your car door needs replacing, but ford doesn't make that door anymore so we're gonna have to make your car a 4 door model to make the new one fit".
    2016 Craz

Mine took a dump last year. Glad I was able to order a new one before they discontinued them. That 670 is not cheap. I do remember a black/green mojo on here that made a custom backlit moomba logo there and did an exile eq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers