Default LSV Outback and LSV Mobius?

Hello,

What's the difference between the Outback LSV and the Mobius LSV? On paper they look indentical. Our dealer tells us it's only a graphic difference. However, the difference in price is noticable.

Thanks!

Mobius comes standard with tower and ballast. Thats the only difference.

I hate it when a post goes away. They are different Outback is the old 05 Mob hull. THe new Mob hukl is bigger. Think sports car or SUV. All the boats are going SUV.

I have the Mob LSV 05 (now outback), I would trade up if I could come up with a reason.

SD2

Default ETX CAT motor?

Jon, SD2: Thanks for the info. that's good to know. By bigger SD2, I'm assuming that you're referring to freeboard and possibly interior space since the beam and length dimensions are indentical for both models.

Another question I had is, we are thinking of upgrading the motor to the new ETX CAT. We like the idea of low emissions. However, I'm wondering if what we gain in low emissions will be lost in fuel economy. Not to mention the standard 325 is rated 3 stars which is very good anyway which makes me wonder if the price is worth it.

Any opinions/experience?

Thanks again!

I'd go for the ETX CAT. While the LSV does not need the extra power, the low emissions and the tuned exhaust manifold is what I would concentrate on. If you are going to be doing any surfing at all, I would get the CAT. The ETX tuned exhaust, in my experience, does give you a little better gas consumption. Plus, starting next year all new marine engines have to have a CAT on them. I have used one for 3 months now and have had zero problems.