Default Htx-2 and pair of rev10’s?? Correct me if I’m wrong.

My boat came “pre-wired” for tower speakers with an amp, the wetsounds htx 2channel. I recently purchased a pair of rev 10’s to throw in the boat. Yet I don’t know much about install/speakers. I’ve been doing a lot of reading the past few days online and think this will work.

First off I want to bridge the speakers together “series-parallel” to bring them from 4ohm down to 2ohm. To do so I connect a wire and connect speaker one positive to speaker two positive, and same with negative to negative. Then connect positive feed from channel1 on amp to positive input on speaker one and negative feed from channel2 on amp to negative input on speaker two.

The amp has a setting or something for 2ohm x2(channel) at 300watt RMS which would be “ideal” for pushing the rev 10’s.

I could also run 4ohm to each speaker straight wire, but only 150w per channel. Which would be better, for the equipment?
    I only plan on running these for this season before I update system completely during winter months.

Please correct me if this is incorrect in anyway!

Amp

Speakers

Thank you in advance for any advice!

2018 Moomba Craz

First off I want to bridge the speakers together “series-parallel” to bring them from 4ohm down to 2ohm.
    Hate to break it to you, but any way you slice it, that amp is only going to deliver 150W rms for each pod.

Parallel would get you a 2 ohm load at the amp, but you cannot bridge a 2 ohm. Series would yield an 8 ohm load, which = the same wattage are each speaker wired to its own chnl.

Well tits, with that being said. Is it going to ruin the speakers/amp/battery if I run 4ohm 150w to each speaker?

2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but any way you slice it, that amp is only going to deliver 150W rms for each pod.

Parallel would get you a 2 ohm load at the amp, but you cannot bridge a 2 ohm. Series would yield an 8 ohm load, which = the same wattage are each speaker wired to its own chnl.
    ^^ forgot to quote you in last message

2018 Moomba Craz

No, it will not damage anything, you just wont hear the full potential of the speakers, until you upgrade the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    No, it will not damage anything, you just wont hear the full potential of the speakers, until you upgrade the amp.
    Okay, thank you!

2018 Moomba Craz