Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Have you seen a sneak peek?
    Yes I’ve seen stuff when I was there and is all I can really say
    Last edited by haknslash; 07-11-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Those boats are so different. If I was on a restricted lake and I skied. I woul go with the mondo over helix. Aesthetically I think I choose mondo over helix as well.
    I agree with you as having spent a lot of time on a mondo in wi it's a nice boat and interior is MUCH better than the helix for me but the vast majority of these boats are purchased for surfing and having a wider hull will be an easier sell to some that are shopping specs only. restricted lake won't care of the length between the 2 as there's only an inch difference and both are over 20 and under 21. if you are a true slalom skier as your primary neither of these will be on the radar and if you're a slalom secondary and appeasing the family that surfs/boards, there won't be enough of a slalom difference to sway one way or the other imo.

interesting that the moomba boat builder lists 2 engine options for the helix and mondo only has the 400 listed now. wonder if that was to drive people toward the helix as a first step in mondo getting axed.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yes I’ve seen stuff when I was there and is all I can really say
    Understand not being able to talk about it. I’m excited!

Sandm - good points about the boats. I wonder if moomba would ever release another ski boat. They could do a nice direct drive on the outback hull. Maybe they could get some of the skiers that don’t want to spend 100k on a Nautique ski boat.

I would doubt theres a real market for a direct drive ski boat anymore. slalom is still pretty big in the midwest but those that relish the sport seemed to have tucked away an older ski hull as the slalom boat and picked up a wake boat for the family.
    pick up an old boomerang, santera or ski nautique for 5-8k for a morning set and have a surf boat for the family play time all afternoon.

a good closed bow slalom boat will only hold 2 and a skier. not much of a family boat. my buddies boomerang is tight with 3 and a skier in it to the point we usually dumped others off at the dock and wait their turn.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

A 22'-23' Makai might have me risking divorce...
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would doubt theres a real market for a direct drive ski boat anymore. slalom is still pretty big in the midwest but those that relish the sport seemed to have tucked away an older ski hull as the slalom boat and picked up a wake boat for the family.
    pick up an old boomerang, santera or ski nautique for 5-8k for a morning set and have a surf boat for the family play time all afternoon.

a good closed bow slalom boat will only hold 2 and a skier. not much of a family boat. my buddies boomerang is tight with 3 and a skier in it to the point we usually dumped others off at the dock and wait their turn.
    There has to be a market because a new Ski Nautique is $120k+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    There has to be a market because a new Ski Nautique is $120k+

For a 5-6 person max boat. I couldn’t imagine spending that on a ski boat. But, I don’t slalom or run the course either.
    I sure hope prospersigman is right about the release on the 18th. Would love to see a new boat from Moomba. But, wouldn’t they be releasing teasers and advertising it?
    Last edited by mgswake; 07-12-2019 at 09:27 AM.

There is definitely a new boat the reveal is coming to the DFW Summer Boat Expo on Thursday, July 18th.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

So going away from models and talking about features. I wonder when SC will be able to get a fully integrated autowake system that not only controls ballast but also flow and wakeplate. I have to image this is the direction they want to go. I could even see 2020 as being the year.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    So going away from models and talking about features. I wonder when SC will be able to get a fully integrated autowake system that not only controls ballast but also flow and wakeplate. I have to image this is the direction they want to go. I could even see 2020 as being the year.
    Correct me if I am wrong......but autowake already does that.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan