o, on another post I asked about getting water into my new (to me) Outback V in my driveway. Got that done, started right up, sounds great (like a kitty purring, as my neighbor said) but two things came up.

One, looking under the boat as it was idling, water is coming out of where the drive shaft exits the boat. At first I thought I thought it was a bad axle seal (and was really bummed). Thinking about it more, since I am putting water into the cooling system and not into the boat, the water must be coming out of the cooling system near the axle outlet. This led me to wonder (and hope) that it's by design, maybe to cool the bearing? Please tell me it's so. The water runs out at a pretty good clip. Should this be or do I have a problem?

Also, I ran it at low rpm, mostly an idle, and the "low oil pressure red light" was on which, I gather, is expected. I did rev it up very briefly to 2000-2500 rpm a couple of times and the light stayed on although it did flicker a little bit. I am guessing the system has to build a little pressure for the light to go off and does not go off immediately and am hoping that, on the lake and under a load it will go off. Here in NM it's 2 1/2 hours to the lake so I'd like to have an idea before running down there. Would those familiar with this agree that it's likely on the cusp of going off or should it go off immediately at a certain rpm (around 1500)?

Boat is new to me, purchased from another state but did have a very reputable boat shop do a full inspection of it back in December before delivery. It's a 2008 Outback V, factory ballast, wave plate, speed control.

My 3 daughters are really itchin to get out on the water so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!