Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Price check for a new guy

Hello all,

This is the first post I've written on here. Thank you up front for all of the helpful information you have already provided me in my search for the right Moomba.

I've decided that the Moomba Outback LSV is the boat for me, now I'm out to find the best deal.

The first dealer I have been to had this to offer:

'07 Outback LSV
    Stereo
    Water Strainer
    Logo Cover
    Appearance Package
    Hyd. Wakeplate

Total: $34,120 (before taxes & licensing)

His offer includes the boat show incentives and a cash discount on his end.

What do you think? Is this good, bad, average?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Looks like a fair price to me.

No tower? My 2 cents - Go for the Mobius LSV. For same price as the tower, you get a center bag too. Same hull.

Why does he need a tower ?

I dont wakeboard, (There are still LOTS of us that don't). The few friends I have that do are more than happy being pulled from a world class boat, but from the pylon. They can still get air over the wakes.

I LOVE my Outback LSV. Why do I need to pay $2500 more for a big thing I won't use and just gets in the way ?

MANY of the people now seeing that the V-Drive boats are just as roomy as I/O runabouts and are MUCH better boats and are MUCH better to drive, don't need towers. They have more than enough fun tubing, skiing, kneeboarding, etc... maybe even pulling the occational wakeboarder. Barefooters don't need towers. Wakesurfers don't need towers - that is the fastest growing new watersport!

my $0.02

-Joe

p.s. - Gump - Price looks good to me as well.

My 98 Mobius has a tower and I very seldom wake board but I do use the boat to attach my front bumpers, to attach my front dock ropes, to hang wet towels, to hold my beach blasters (tower speakers), to hold my tubes (see my avitar picture), to hold onto at the dock, to hold my bimini top, to hold my water skis and other peoples wakeboards, attachment for others to wakeboard from, attachment for me to boogie board from... so other than that yea it's something that gets in the way. I don't have all the bells and whistles like some others with mirrors and lights. You want something that gets in the way get yourself the bimini top...ouch. No I wouldn't get rid of my "attic" especially when I know the tower maintains its value and you get it back when you resell.

Agreed.......holds the bimini, keeps yer boards out of the way, and helps resale value.
    B

It's called a roll bar

newbies

roll CAGE, tyvm

B

Your tower bimini's cost twice what mine did and it covers much less of your boat. You plan on getting that $ back ? I'm betting not. The "resale value" does not change, but the resale ability does. More people want towers, so I will have a harder time selling mine, but since I saved close to $3000 vs yours after the bimini's , racks, etc. I will have a lower cost than yours and THAT attracts people more than a tower to my ad. I'm betting on selling to a HUGE new market of previous I/O users that do not need one. I think I'm pretty safe since they number in the hundred thousands.

Enjoy the $2000 towel rack !

-Joe

Tower also works great as a grab bar for older people entering and exiting the boat. Plus where else would you put your tower speakers?