Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba Dad View Post
    Shoebox,

Thanx for the pics. Nice looking install!

How/what did you mount the amps to? It looks like you installed another board or something and covered it with carpeting? How did you attach this to the hull/boat? Pics of your method of attachment would be very much appreciated.

Thank you again!
    That board was in the boat, I'm guessing from the factory. Most boats have the amps mounted there now. It's 1/2" hdpe. If I were going to install it, I wouldn't bother carpeting it, just more stuff to hold water, and makes it harder to cool the amps. Epoxy doesn't stick to hdpe very well, so you could epoxy a couple pieces of marine ply to the fiberglass hull, and screw the hdpe to that.
    2019 Supra SL450

HDPE...hmmm. I'll have to investigate that.

Thank you.
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

I used MDF and covered it with the same carpet that the factory uses. So long as you sit the board up off the floor it should not get wet, especially in that cubby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I used MDF and covered it with the same carpet that the factory uses. So long as you sit the board up off the floor it should not get wet, especially in that cubby.

Stazi,

Nice and clean!

How did you attache your MDF? Looks like you screwed it in place. I'm nervous about doing that. I don't want to screw through the hull!
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Mdf is about the worst thing to use in a boat. It will disintegrate if it gets wet. Wet stuff still finds its way in that compartment on occasion, and it's also where the end of the bow bag sits, and wet kid butts sit right above that in the bow, so water does find its way in there. At least use marine ply.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Mdf is about the worst thing to use in a boat. It will disintegrate if it gets wet. Wet stuff still finds its way in that compartment on occasion, and it's also where the end of the bow bag sits, and wet kid butts sit right above that in the bow, so water does find its way in there. At least use marine ply.
    Actually now I remember it was marine ply, not MDF. D’oh!

I screwed it into the two “bolsters” from the factory that ate there for that exact thing!

On the older boats they didn’t put those bolsters in, so a lot of the older boats have the amp rack screwed into the backrest of the front seat. Just use the right sized screws to be long enough, but not too long that they protrude into the cushion.

2017 Moomba Craz

Ok, so I’m trying to wire my Perko switch now and have a question. I currently have two wires going to positive and two to negative. Each has a large gauge and a small gauge wire. How do I wire the two positive wires? I’m sure the large gauge goes to the Perko. Does the small gauge go there too?
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Next question(s). I have received advice to install a circuit breaker (I bought a 200 amp), and also advice to install fuses on each amp (100 amp and 60 amp). Should I do all of the above? If so, where in my circuitry should I install the 200 amp circuit breaker.

Also, I have a 50 amp circuit breaker from the boat originally. Do I install that also? And if so where in my circuitry should this go?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

I’m trying to finalize this by Tuesday night to take if up North for the long 4th of July weekend. It would great to have some New Tunes to play. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

One more question (sorry). Where do I find the power to turn on my Amps and Pre Amp so they don’t drain my battery(s)? Thank you all again!

Can you tell I’m right in the thick of the wiring phase? LOL.
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Also, I have a 50 amp circuit breaker from the boat originally. Do I install that also? And if so where in my circuitry should this go?
    Curious how you ended up with an extra breaker.