Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Definitely get a zone controller. Best thing I did for my sound system. Every song is different, I'm constantly adjusting my sub output, and turning down the towers when nobody is behind the boat is nice.
    Sounds like it might be a good idea. Any suggestions on the hardware? What make/model did you install?
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba Dad View Post
    Sounds like it might be a good idea. Any suggestions on the hardware? What make/model did you install?
    I have the Exile ZLD, and added their Bluetooth module. I never use my head unit anymore. Wet Sounds has a good one, too, the WS-420.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I have the Exile ZLD, and added their Bluetooth module. I never use my head unit anymore. Wet Sounds has a good one, too, the WS-420.
    Cool, Thanx!
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Stazi,

I have a couple more questions for you if you don't mind addressing them.

I think I'll try it without a zone controller first to see how it performs. I'll have to look into how to set up the gains on the amps. It looks like there are some "Gains" dials that will need adjusting.

A couple more quick items (1) can I run all of this on one battery, or should I consider two?; (2) If two, could you suggest the type of battery and link/shut off hardware that I'll need please; and (3) what type of fuses/breakers work best for my amps? (It looks like I'll need a 100A and a 60A.)

Thanx again for your time & your help!
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

You CAN run off one battery, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Especially if you want to spend any time just sitting with the engine off and the stereo on. The last thing you want to do is drain the one and only battery you have and not be able to start the boat.

Go buy another 24 series “deep cycle” marine battery and use that for just the stereo components.

I use a battery doctor to connect the two batteries together so that they can both be charged by the alternator, but only the secondary battery is used for the stereo and it preserves the primary battery for the boat and those main necessities. With this you do NOT need any extra switches etc. just follow the wiring diagram included with it. It works awesome and you never have to worry about what battery is switched on or off like you do with Perko switches.
    WirthCo 20092 Battery Doctor 125 Amp/150 Amp Battery Isolator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058SGDFK..._QY..Cb98TWVZE

You will also need a set of wires and fuses etc. for connecting up the 2 Amps to the stereo and speakers etc. Check out the links I provided.
    KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050I6KII..._A4..CbA8HBMNR this kit is for ONE amp.

Also you need a set of RCA splitters to split you signal from your stereo to the two amps if your head unit only has one set of RCA outputs.
    4 Pack 1 Female to 2 Male RCA Y Adapter Connector and 1 Male to 2 Female RCA Speaker Splitter Shielding Cable Adapter 1ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KBVDBL3..._l7..Cb2EDW1VW

Again if you get you boat down to Novi, I can show you the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I'm looking into a zone controller (equalizer) and keep hearing about the Wet Sounds WS-420BT - Marie Audio Multi Zone Equalizer with Integrated Bluetooth.

But the price on my project just keeps escalating. Is there anything out there similar to the Wet Sounds that's not so expensive?

Thank you in advance.
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

I'm looking into a zone controller (equalizer) and keep hearing about the Wet Sounds WS-420BT - Marie Audio Multi Zone Equalizer with Integrated Bluetooth.

But the price on my project just keeps escalating. Is there anything out there similar to the Wet Sounds that's not so expensive?

Thank you in advance.
    Exile ZLD. No mic but works great and cheaper than Wet Sounds.
    2019 Supra SL450

Thank you in advance.
    Like Shoebox mentioned, the ZLD is you next best option but you do lose some key features such as the mic, the ability to adjust the eq on each zone independently, and the BT function. Exile also sells a tower volume knob by itself for like $60 so that may be a good budget option.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Shoebox & rdlangston3,

First, thank you both for responding! I really appreciate it.

I guess I should explain my wishes/needs to help clarify what I want. I will have (a) the existing in-boat speakers, (b) two new JBL 8" tower speakers, and (c) a new 12" JBL sub woofer. I would like to adjust the volume each of the three separately. If I want to take a mellow cruise around the lake at sunset and listen to some music I want to be able to do it without blasting my tower speakers and subwoofer. But, I do have two sons (ages 23 & 21) that will love to do the opposite. LOL. I would think this is a common idea?

I'm not sure if I need a simple 3-zone volume control (or if they even are available). Do I need to be able to adjust the eq on each zone indepenently? Keep in mind I am "not" an audiophile...at least net yet, I might be though if I ever complete this project. LOL.

So, based on that which hardware do you think will fit my needs?

Thank you again!
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Get the ZLD and Bluetooth adapter. Works great, can control all zones independently, and cheaper than WS.
    2019 Supra SL450