Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

OK thank you for the advice. I'll take it to the dodge dealership and make sure everything is good to go. If not I'll have them upgrade it.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

I would not trust the dealer. Just crawl under your truck and take a picture of the hitch tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Put the lead as far back as you can while being able to keep your pitch #. As far as trailering with it, the best and safest thing to do is to scale your truck and boat. Here are my base line tickets from a few weeks ago. Truck full of diesel and me:

Same setup with boat full of fuel and most of the gear:
    That was after the boat was all cleaned up and ready to be covered before our next trip so the coolers are dry and there are no boards or lead in the boat either. Full disclosure it was riding a little nose down when I scaled it. I have since flipped my hitch and raised it up to help level the trailer. I actually bought a new hitch as well, I love my B&W but a 2” ball with a 7500# rating is not going to cut it any more.

I need to reweigh my set up properly. I just dropped the boat on the scale and got its weight. I like the way you did yours, you can easily determine trailer weight, tongue, and tow vehicle weight per axle. Crazy how adding the boat removed about 500lb from the front axle.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I need to reweigh my set up properly. I just dropped the boat on the scale and got its weight. I like the way you did yours, you can easily determine trailer weight, tongue, and tow vehicle weight per axle. Crazy how adding the boat removed about 500lb from the front axle.
    So not trying to hijack the thread but it is about towing. But out of curiosity what would my tongue weight be here?

Is it...

A. The weight of the truck (steer axle + drive axle) when loaded - the weight of the truck unloaded?......620#

Or

B. the weight of the drive axle loaded - the weight of the drive axle unloaded?.....980#

To my understanding it is A but wanted to see if I was thinking of it correctly

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So not trying to hijack the thread but it is about towing. But out of curiosity what would my tongue weight be here?

Is it...

A. The weight of the truck (steer axle + drive axle) when loaded - the weight of the truck unloaded?......620#

Or

B. the weight of the drive axle loaded - the weight of the drive axle unloaded?.....980#

To my understanding it is A but wanted to see if I was thinking of it correctly

Got some numbers mixed up flipping between pics and the calc on my phone so correction for above:

A would be 720#
    &
    B would be 1,000#

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Only true way to get a tongue weight is to get a scale under the hitch with the trailer level. But A is the closest way to correct, when a truck squats it moves it’s own weight around which is what makes it tough to get the true weight, plus the if the trailer isn’t level etc... But most boats are set from the factory to be 10-15% on the tongue. 7k boat and trailer will put you around 700 on the ball. And honestly, I would have guessed more for a full Makai on the trailer!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

So I took the total weight of truck and trailer in the second ticket (15480)and subtracted just the weight from the first ticket (8560) and came up with a trailer weight of 6920. Then I subtracted the weight on the trailer axles (6380) from the total weight of the trailer and got 540 lb tongue weight.

You can also add the weight of both truck axles from the 2nd ticket (9100) and subtract the weight of the truck from the first ticket (8560) and it comes out to 540 again.

Looks like a trailer weight of 6920 with a tongue weight of 540.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post

Looks like a trailer weight of 6920 with a tongue weight of 540.
    If that's the actual tongue weight, it could make handling squirrelly. Should be at least 10% of the trailer weight.
    2019 Supra SL450

Twin axle trailers can be less than 10% TW.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

http://www.boatus.com/magazine/trail...weight-diy.asp

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan