Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Ya no problem! As far as burping the bags I am only burping the rears as the "mid ship" bags that are sub floor do not have a fitting to burp them. They have the little flat fitting that is supposed to be self burping but they don't work very quickly. The subfloor bow bag I have no idea how to even get to any fittings on lol. For those bags I just flip my switches up a couple times during the day until they over flow out the side as they will slowly bleed the air out with those fittings. I don't love that solution but is all I have for now.

When I do my install on the 1350 rear bags I am putting overflow lines off of the top of the bags and tying them into their respective over flow lines as well so there will be no need to burp them in the future. I am also putting check valves on all of my overflow lines. At that time I am going to try and find a solution to venting all of the subfloor bags in the same manor. Not sure if it is feasible but I will just have to see.

As far as your inclinometer goes just download an app on your phone and put it on the floor between the helm and the dog house, flip on autowake and see if there any major deltas in pitch or roll. Then if there are you can recalibrate it (there is a video for that too if you need it) LOL
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I run the pumps on my Makai until water comes out of the overflow too, but still had lots of trapped air in them. Here is a video of how much air.

https://youtu.be/JvPQ9EbPzy0

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I run the pumps on my Makai until water comes out of the overflow too, but still had lots of trapped air in them. Here is a video of how much air.

https://youtu.be/JvPQ9EbPzy0

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Ya the rears I burp like that as well then fill until it over flows out the side. The sub floor ballast you can't burp like that so I fill until it over flows out the side but those bags will still have air in them as well. So the best you can do (to my knowledge) is to just keep topping them off periodically throughout the day because they have those little flat check valves on them so they will just bleed the air out slowly. The sub floor bags are the ones I want to find a solution to.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

I saw a max mod thread where someone showed their overflow check valve venting solution and planned on doing that as a winter project when the boats in the shop. Thanks again folks.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    The sub floor ballast you can't burp like that so I fill until it over flows out the side but those bags will still have air in them as well. So the best you can do (to my knowledge) is to just keep topping them off periodically throughout the day because they have those little flat check valves on them so they will just bleed the air out slowly. The sub floor bags are the ones I want to find a solution to.
    You're saying the Makai stock rear bags have an additional connection to a midship/subfloor bag? I did not know. Is it plumbed straight of the front of the rear bags?
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    You're saying the Makai stock rear bags have an additional connection to a midship/subfloor bag? I did not know. Is it plumbed straight of the front of the rear bags?
    Yes at least on my 2019 not sure if they have changed it to the L Shaped bags like on the Mojo yet. Each of the Makai’s rear bags are 1,000# those are then plumed off of the front of the bag through a bulkhead to a 400# bag that is under a removable floor. The 400 can also be swapped out for an 800 but you lose most of the storage under the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Yes at least on my 2019 not sure if they have changed it to the L Shaped bags like on the Mojo yet. Each of the Makai’s rear bags are 1,000# those are then plumed off of the front of the bag through a bulkhead to a 400# bag that is under a removable floor. The 400 can also be swapped out for an 800 but you lose most of the storage under the seats.

There is a port on the front of my bags that run forward into the midship bags. I have been thinking about removing that floor under my bench seats and going to bigger bags there. Wakemakers doesn't advertise a drop in but I was going to measure and get customs and vent them them back to the overflow as well.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    There is a port on the front of my bags that run forward into the midship bags. I have been thinking about removing that floor under my bench seats and going to bigger bags there. Wakemakers doesn't advertise a drop in but I was going to measure and get customs and vent them them back to the overflow as well.
    Ya that is definitely the best option if you don't mind giving up the storage. That would increase you another 800# or more depending on how you have the bags built. I don't "need" the storage but it is a great spot for my cooler and I also don't mind the lead as we are on the lake so the boat stays in the lift year round so trailering is not an issue. I am considering using a hole saw and putting a hole in the removable floor to run a vent line off of the midship bags. Once they are full there is no room to run it under the floor so that seems like the best option.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Whaaaat? Really? I am going to have to look closer at mine next time to see if the 21 has that setup.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Whaaaat? Really? I am going to have to look closer at mine next time to see if the 21 has that setup.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure yours does as well as I doubt they have changed that. The L shaped bags on the Mojo are pretty sweet as you only have to vent that bag but if you want to add on top of it under the seats you have to add new plumbing to piggy back off the rear bags where as on our Makais you just have to buy a larger bag for the subfloor bag and swap it out but then it is no longer subfloor lol.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans