Default center ballast pump(s)

Hey all, I have the 6 pump system on my Max, and today I went out to adjust the timers. The rear bags filled in 4.5 minutes, and emptied in 5. This is one at a time engine idle.

The center bag was taking over 6 minutes and the pump(s) auto shut off. This is when I opened the round access in the floor, turned the pump(s) on again and realized only one pump is working. No matter whether filling or emptying, only one pump is powering up.

I got out my multimeter and I went ahead and disconnected the non working pump at the quick disconnect in the wiring and tested the incoming power...nada. I put that back together and checked the working pump power and it properly registered 14.xx which should be good.

Is there some in line fuse or circuit breaker I need to replace/reset?

The manual shows only one circuit breaker for all ballasts, I will go have a look at that now.

I am also going to try the (bad) pump when plugged into the (good) pumps wiring and vice versa.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    I am also going to try the (bad) pump when plugged into the (good) pumps wiring and vice versa.
    So, I got back down there and like I said (read above) and now neither center bag pump works.

My guess is the one pump may be seized and is blowing fuses or tripping breakers.

I did manage to find the fuse boxes for the rear bags behind the carpeted wall in the rear lockers, but I cannot find the fuse box for the center ballast pumps.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Found it! Go in under the glove compartment from the observer's seat hinged access and do a 180. It is above the batteries more or less in case anybody else needs to find it.

Sure enough, 4 out of 6 fuses blown.

Now to try and get that bad pump to spin again...or buy a new one. uggh

Thank you for the heads up on the fuse placement for the g6 pumps.

That’s strange that you are blowing fuses like that. Probably a good idea to check the wiring in addition to the impeller. What size fuses are they?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

the pumps each have 2 x 15 amp fuses, one for fill and one for empty

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    That’s strange that you are blowing fuses like that. Probably a good idea to check the wiring in addition to the impeller. What size fuses are they?
    I believe it's the one pump since it was the original culprit and when I switched the electric leads it immediately blew the other 2 fuses from the working pump. Luckily my buddy has a used pump he can give me...YAAAYYYY me!!!!!

Wouldn’t that still be under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Wouldn’t that still be under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems like a great question. I will have to check with the dealer.

So this was covered under warranty, thank God.
    When I did the replacement the other day I started wondering how they made these pumps, which are installed in opposite alignments (mirroring each other), pump together. Why doesn't one pump drain while the other fills and vice versa? Being mirrored as they are this would be the natural situation.

Then I noticed the pump on the starboard side has a little 6" pig tail that reverses the red and black leads. Wiring black to red and red to black makes this pump spin in the opposite direction of the normal operation, so it fills and drains with the port side, both working together.