Default How often should I have to add coolant?

After the summerized my '18 Craz I realized my coolent was at the lowline. Is it normal for this boat to burn through coolant?
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    After the summerized my '18 Craz I realized my coolent was at the lowline. Is it normal for this boat to burn through coolant?
    Low line with the engine cool or low line with the engine at operating temp? Low line with the engine cool is the specified level it is supposed to be at.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I noticed the same thing with mine. It was actually below the low line cold on mine. So I added some when I got the boat out from winter storage. I have only had it out twice since then, and I need to check it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Same with my 2016 SE. I have noticed it just below the low level line a twice last year and again this year. Only need to add a little bit, but I'm wondering where it's going...?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Default How often should I have to add coolant?

Mine uses half the overflow tank in 20-25 hours.

It should not, and I suspect a slow leak.

I plan to chase the lines from the cooling system and tighten clamps, however, the Indmar raptors use otiker clamps which you need a tool to pinch them tighter.

Make sure you use propylene glycol antifreeze.

Peak Sierra and Preston low tox are half the price as Indmar.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I wonder if these motors consume coolant. Last year my 2016 Craz had a overheated engine message pop up. I took her to the dealer and all it was is she was low on coolant. The dealer said there were no leaks found anywhere. I asked where the coolant went and they gave me a shoulder shrug. I haven’t added coolant to my cars ever! Any other comments?

Wow! I have a 2016 Craz as well and my coolant has never moved. Considering I have the heater I guess I am lucky!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mystery solved....at least on my boat. I was prepping the boat to go out this evening and saw a small puddle of antifreeze under the passenger side seat. I traced the stream back to the heater. Sure enough, neither hose clamp was tight and I had a small drip coming from the bottom hose. Hopefully that is my issue!

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

I have a 2015 mondo. I always had a coolant leak every spring after it being winterized. I had tightened up every hose clamp. This spring i bought an adaptor of the snap-on truck to screw onto overflow tank and pressurize system. I found my leak was on the pump that circulates coolant up to the heater. Was at the joint where the pump met the motor.