Hello,
I have a 1998 outback and am having some problems. Hoping someone here can help me.

Toward the end of last year I had a problem that the boat loss power. It ran fine but wouldn't jump out of the water like normal. What I believe it was is the secondary valves were not opening the other two barrels (carburetor]. These work from pulling a vacume so i replaced the diaphragm first. That didnt work so then winter came. This spring i pulled the carburetor off and bought a gasket kit that had power valves and everything I needed. Cleaned everything and replaced everything that came with the kit. Thought for sure that would fix the problem. It didn't.

Now when I pulled the carb off I didn't really pay attention to the connection of the throttle. I have perfect pass installed and am confused by how it should all be connected. Does anyone by chance have any pictures of how it should look? I have a Clymers manual but the pictures are not clear at all.

I am going to try to post a picture here of what my linkage looks like in the wide open position. I don't think it is suppose to be out of line like this but maybe I am wrong. I don't really know if this is even the problem or still something with the carbs.

Well I can't figure out how to upload pictures.