Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Specifically, whats the main differences between a 2006-2012 Mobius lsv and a 2011 outback V when it comes to boarding/surf.

the lsv hull below the water has been the same from '06 to finish. in '12 iirc they added more freeboard to allow it to lean more for surfing. I don't know much on the xlv but don't recall it changed from '06 to the end of it's run below the waterline. it will be a better choice than the lsv/outback for getting a bigger surf wave but takes more weight.

given a choice take the lsv all day over the outback. unless you slalom a lot you will grow out of the outback in a season.

not sure the tige model you are looking at but the 22/24ve(not v) hulls are some of the better surf hulls of the late '00's. if I was rewinding the clock to 05-10, I would shop tige/centurion for surfing and supra/nautique for boarding depending on what you will primarily do. each will do both but they excelled at something different.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    the lsv hull below the water has been the same from '06 to finish. in '12 iirc they added more freeboard to allow it to lean more for surfing. I don't know much on the xlv but don't recall it changed from '06 to the end of it's run below the waterline. it will be a better choice than the lsv/outback for getting a bigger surf wave but takes more weight.

given a choice take the lsv all day over the outback. unless you slalom a lot you will grow out of the outback in a season.

not sure the tige model you are looking at but the 22/24ve(not v) hulls are some of the better surf hulls of the late '00's. if I was rewinding the clock to 05-10, I would shop tige/centurion for surfing and supra/nautique for boarding depending on what you will primarily do. each will do both but they excelled at something different.
    Thanks! Sounds like I’m in the market for a 2006 or newer lsv. Been looking at a tige 22 but it is a V

find yourself a nice used LSV or XLV. great boats for everything you want to do. Not the best at any one thing but good at everything. You can find an 06-09 in the low $30Ks.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    find yourself a nice used LSV or XLV. great boats for everything you want to do. Not the best at any one thing but good at everything. You can find an 06-09 in the low $30Ks.
    Going to look at an 06 xlv gravity games on Monday. Rebuilt engine with 40 hrs on it. Asking 23k, looks like seats are starting to crack.

yea, most of the boat in the 10+ year old range are going to have some wear and tear of the seats/interior for sure unless it has be redone. My buddy has an XLV and i think it is a great boat. It can hold a lot of people and you can do just about everything you need to with it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190