Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camper Remodel

Default 5th Wheel Camper Remodel

Figured I would share my recent project... we had a 2019 Toyhauler and decided to try our hand at a remodel. Sold it last September and bought a 5th wheel to fix up. We left the kitchen (sink, fridge and oven) and one set of shelves... everything else we gutted. Went down to the frame in the bathroom since I found rotted subfloor. Its been an absolute PITA, but I should be wrapped up this week... just in time to drop it at the lake for the season!

Last edited by jph3; 06-05-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Interesting - I'm looking forward to the 'after' shots! I had to rebuild the whole back wall of our first travel trailer due to a leaky window but that pales in comparison!

I have thought about getting an older truck camper and doing a gut/remodel for some of the weekend trips to the dunes with my son but that is about number 1,296 on the to-do list...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

nice job. kinda reminds me of the tooner we gutted a few years ago. not much to either one of them....

looking forward to the after shots......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Nice job, what lake? Do you leave it there?
    She ain't pretty, but she can dance!
    1998 Mobius

Quote Originally Posted by 1967Goat View Post
    Nice job, what lake? Do you leave it there?
    Thanks, we leave it up in kremmling at wolford. Our helix goes in this weekend... come join us if you get time... we are up there most weekends of the summer, definitely every weekend in July.

Floors in tomorrow, friday should be fit and finish. 3 walls of T/G tonight, cut sanded and painted... went up pretty quick besides that Window (2nd paint coat going on tomorrow). Cabinets painted, stairs built, and built a custom drop down table extension for the kitchen - will be mounted to the right of the sink, then drop down during transport.

Last edited by jph3; 06-06-2019 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

I have thought about getting an older truck camper and doing a gut/remodel for some of the weekend trips to the dunes with my son but that is about number 1,296 on the to-do list...
    A truck camper would be fun for sure... I would just recommend getting something that doesnt require structural work (unlike these

I will post some pics of the airstream we are doing as well...it was stripped down to the frame and still has alot of exterior work we need to do - it is for a friend of mine. It has been a BIG undertaking but is turning out great.
    Last edited by jph3; 06-06-2019 at 03:35 AM.

That’s looking good I wanted to do a project like that was just hard finding a good 5th wheel or gooseneck trailer that didn’t have water damage or needed a ton of work interior and exterior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig