Default Ballast System Leaking

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2006 Moomba Outback V, the ballast system fills up and empties perfect but when have it off water continually comes through the lines, if i lift the line up high enough the water will stop. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Are the pumps bad or is it an o ring?

Thanks

Cameron

It’s self siphoning. Add some anti siphon elbows to your overflow lines and it should stop. You can get them from Wakemakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

first off assuming you still have the old single pump and sprinkler valve setup? on top of the vdrive there should be a section of hard plastic sprinkler pipes and 3 valves with ballast hose going to each rear and the center locker bag.
    if so is it filling on all 3 bags or just 1.
    first place I would check would be the valves. they could be sticking partially open/closed.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    first off assuming you still have the old single pump and sprinkler valve setup? on top of the vdrive there should be a section of hard plastic sprinkler pipes and 3 valves with ballast hose going to each rear and the center locker bag.
    if so is it filling on all 3 bags or just 1.
    first place I would check would be the valves. they could be sticking partially open/closed.
    Good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Awesome thanks guys. I’m heckling the valves first thing tomorrow!! I’ll let you know what happens

So i have the old sprinkler system with the black on off valves and I replaced all 3 valves and 2 of the O rings, all set now!! thanks for your help. Each valve was only $33.00