Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You were right. He came back at 58, and I decided to walk away. At the end of the day, I just didn't feel comfortable with the lack of service records and value proposition at that price. Now I just need to figure out how to buy a '17 Craz for sale in Waxahachie, TX (a 14-hour drive from me) for $61k without my wife killing me for being gone another weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Max Edition
    Lake Keowee, South Carolina

ship it. the guy i used charged me $1300 to bring a boat from oklahoma to sin city. did it on my/sellers schedule, lots of pics along the way and was great to deal with.
    uship.com and once you put up what you have you will get quite a few bids. pick the one that fits what you want.
    there is also a cost to wrap the boat so figure that in but perhaps the sellers would pick that tab up. I did with the boat I sold to a guy in tennessee. left it at the dealer to get wrapped and 2 days later his transport guy picked it up and off it went.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DudewithaBoat View Post
    You were right. He came back at 58, and I decided to walk away. At the end of the day, I just didn't feel comfortable with the lack of service records and value proposition at that price. Now I just need to figure out how to buy a '17 Craz for sale in Waxahachie, TX (a 14-hour drive from me) for $61k without my wife killing me for being gone another weekend.

I don’t know how SC is but in Texas when you register a used boat you have to pay tax on it so just be weary on what the state will charge you when you bring it back Also there was a brand new max at slalom shop for 69 might be worth checking out.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

That's good to know. Thanks. I haven't heard anything back from the Craz owner in TX, so maybe he has already sold it. Just curious, how did you find out the price of the $69k Max? I don't see prices listed on the website. Did you call or request a quote online, or see in person? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DudewithaBoat View Post
    That's good to know. Thanks. I haven't heard anything back from the Craz owner in TX, so maybe he has already sold it. Just curious, how did you find out the price of the $69k Max? I don't see prices listed on the website. Did you call or request a quote online, or see in person? Thanks!

shows the price on their website

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

interested to know how south carolina is.
    idaho used you pay tax but most private party sales give receipts for below sale price. dealers you pay full tax on used.
    nevada used-if you buy from ANY dealer in state or out, you pay tax. if you buy private party in state or out you don't pay tax.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Well, the owner of the '18 Craz in Texas said the new owner is picking it up on Sunday, so I just missed that one. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

That Max is at the right price point, but unfortunately we are a little picky on color (my wife more so than me). We can't do any shade of red, or green. Looking for something blue, white, silver, grey, or some combination of those colors.

As for how we do SC taxes for out of state purchases, it appears that our sales taxes (capped at $500) are owed to SC when you register the boat regardless of where you bought the boat or if a private sale or dealer.

That’s pretty nice of SC to cap it at 500 bucks. Would have made boat shopping a lot easier and expended my search range. But needless to say yeah buy what you love learned that with my first boat. My price range was the same as yours 50-60 and even found a red axis 22 for 49k but hated the color and walked away then found my mojo for 57k out the door couldn’t be happier with it

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig