Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Got my way and are going all white with the brown interior. I'd have edited my posts but can't figure out how. Sorry for the redundancy.

https://www.moomba.com/configurator/...prayPattern=44

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadyus View Post
    Hi everyone first post. I currently own a 2017 AR195 yamaha that I love but it just can't put out a proper wake. Well I was demoing a few new boards with the doomswell crew on my boat which my mom and dad happened to be with me. Well mom fell in love with wakesurfing and vowed to do it once she recovered from her knee surgery. We had a bday party for her at my house Sunday where she told us how cool it was watching me surf. So I said in jest dad we should split a boat. Well he was having his new Porsche wrapped in clear protectant and needed a ride. I said you know the moomba dealer is in the way we should go peep the new 2019 Max. So we went and looked at 3 boats. First was the Max. Which we liked but he didn't like having to have more ballast than factory and losing storage space. He did however like the size and the styling. So I'm thinking holy shit I'm gonna get a Max. Next was the Axis A22. Honestly neither of us were impressed. Didn't like.that boat at all for $92k other than the wake. Which I know to be really good. We were very lucky with the next boat which was a customers that was coming.to pick it up tomorrow morning. The 2019 makai. That boat is giant gorgeous and did I mention giant. Well after a few hours of deliberating we are going to get the makai. I just don't know what color to get. He likes the yellow for the bow sandwiched in white. We both like the brown interior. I like the all light blue with the light sparkly blue. But I love the all white with the brown interior. Has anyone seen the yellow. If so can you please post a picture so I can see the actual color. My dealer didn't have one with that colourway. I was so impressed with the interior of the Makai. It felt like a bug step up from the Max and a giant leap from the A22. And it has 4000 lb of factory ballast. Plus at 24 ft going in the puget sound will be a breeze.
    Judging by all the comments on Facebook the makai will have the same issue as the max in regards to stock ballast not being enough, the extra 1k is probably equivalent to the max because of the Extra 2 feet in length.
    2019 Moomba Max

I have a 1000lbs of lead ballasts. Hopefully 5000 lbs total is enough.

Congrats again. I like the white better than yellow but get what you like most. As for editing posts there is like a 5 minute timer on this forum, so after that time you won't be able to edit your posts any longer.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I noticed on your build you have the 450 engine with the 15x13 prop. You may want to select the 15.5x15.25 prop (or whatever it is) with the 450 since the 450 comes with a 1.76:1 drive ration in the transmission. That 15x13 will have your engine speed very high and limit your top speed I would imagine.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thanks guys. We are going all white. Only 5min that's kinda lame. I did switch to rjeb450 prop and changed the rub rails to white. Still unsure on a cover.

Thanks guys. We are going all white. Only 5min that's kinda lame. I did switch to rjeb450 prop and changed the rub rails to white. Still unsure on a cover.
    Hit up Corey at Evolution Covers and see what his lead time is. He is usually a few months out but if you can wait he can make you a sweet trailerable cover for the same money as the factory. The factory cover is great but people say it will scuff your gel coat if you trailer with it.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Another all white fan!!! I do like the yellow you added to the interior Congradulations to your family.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Puget Sound? White would be the color to go with there salty...

Not that there's anything wrong with yellow.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'm guessing you might be buying from NWInboards...if so, talk to Darren (or Bakes) about a cover, they custom make their own and it's fantastic. You won't get an Evolution cover until winter.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled