Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 108
  1. #41

    Default

    Zac and the rest of the people there are fantastic!
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    They donít even dyno test/rate the engines in the boat, so exhaust and driveline losses are not accounted for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Zac and the rest of the people there are fantastic!
    They really are.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadyus View Post
    We haven't got to demo because they don't have any. Yeah when we went to see the Max he said we had 2 days to choose that slot. So it was obv already slotted for a 400. I've been on a Max so assume the makai can only be better. Aren't they the same motor just mapped diff? If so I can just get it remapped right, lol.
    .
    10,700# is a chunk of weight no doubt but the Makai is rated for 11,700# and is 2ft longer than an SA. It needs more weight.

    Having demoed the Makai twice before purchasing I will say this 400 will do most anything you need at sea level within the 11,700#. How do I know? I made the dealer load it up and we had it at 11,500# with the 400 and the "wake prop".... that being said it definitely has work harder to do it than the 450 no doubt. Now the Makai is 24.5' with a 102" beam, the same as the SE yet weighs 950# less, get where I am going with this?

    In the end only you know how you will truly use the boat and you have to be happy with your purchase and how you spec it, that is all that really matters. I am just saying make sure you get what you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Is this going to have a 1.76 or 1.5 transmission?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the 400 I assume he is getting the 1.5
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    10,700# is a chunk of weight no doubt but the Makai is rated for 11,700# and is 2ft longer than an SA. It needs more weight.

    Having demoed the Makai twice before purchasing I will say this 400 will do most anything you need at sea level within the 11,700#. How do I know? I made the dealer load it up and we had it at 11,500# with the 400 and the "wake prop".... that being said it definitely has work harder to do it than the 450 no doubt. Now the Makai is 24.5' with a 102" beam, the same as the SE yet weighs 950# less, get where I am going with this?

    In the end only you know how you will truly use the boat and you have to be happy with your purchase and how you spec it, that is all that really matters. I am just saying make sure you get what you want.



    With the 400 I assume he is getting the 1.5
    I think 1.76 may be in the future for more motors, but could be yet to come.

    I have a 450 and use all of its available snort. A 400 would not work for me, but my loads are pure insanity by some standards. Unfortunately my scale is skewed by friends with slammed SLs and MC X24s. BASTARDS!

    I know a lot of Makais have 400s. And there are tons of happy Makai owners, so it must be doing the trick for most.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,962

    Default

    So I think 2020 is supposed to be the first year for the 400 to come with the 1.5:1 drive train. The prop selection on the 2019 boat builder is still showing options for the 1:1 like what I am pretty sure I have. I wonder how the 1.5:1 will improve performance with the 400.

    And while the 400 can pull the weight with the right prop, that prop may have you turned in excess of 4,000 rpm while at wakeboard speeds which is not a good idea IMO. That is where the added power of the other engine comes in handy.
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So I think 2020 is supposed to be the first year for the 400 to come with the 1.5:1 drive train. The prop selection on the 2019 boat builder is still showing options for the 1:1 like what I am pretty sure I have. I wonder how the 1.5:1 will improve performance with the 400.

    And while the 400 can pull the weight with the right prop, that prop may have you turned in excess of 4,000 rpm while at wakeboard speeds which is not a good idea IMO. That is where the added power of the other engine comes in handy.
    I think the 400 already has the 1.5:1 trans and has for a while.
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So I think 2020 is supposed to be the first year for the 400 to come with the 1.5:1 drive train. The prop selection on the 2019 boat builder is still showing options for the 1:1 like what I am pretty sure I have. I wonder how the 1.5:1 will improve performance with the 400.

    And while the 400 can pull the weight with the right prop, that prop may have you turned in excess of 4,000 rpm while at wakeboard speeds which is not a good idea IMO. That is where the added power of the other engine comes in handy.
    I will NEVER wakeboard with the Makai. We will only use it for cruising, and surfing. Normal crew is about 4-6 with two fo those being 4 and 6 year olds. We boat at about 250 ft above sea level. I will have about 1000lb of lead I can use. So fasted we will go fully loaded would be about 11 mph. When cruising obv all the ballast would be drained. Only have one friend who surfs who is over 200 lbs. Most of my friends are in the 150 lb range. Little fuckers.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Central Bama
    Posts
    400

    Default

    I think youíd be fine with the 400 given your intended use and crew size. My Max is rated at 4500 lbs dry weight to the Makaiís 5200 lbs. I had 13 people on my Max and just making things simple thatís an average of 164 lbs per person based off the capacity rating. Given the Makai weighs more I subtract 4 people from the 13 I had to equate to roughly the same weight. I had no issues getting on plane. Granted I did not have the rear ballast full and was running 75% front ballast, but the engine handled it at sea level just fine. Do they have a Makai there with a 400 that you can demo with your lead and approximate crew size? Thatís really the best and only way youíll know if itís ok for you. Personally I think youíd be fine but of course more is better if you feel you need it.
    2019 Moomba Max
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I think the 400 already has the 1.5:1 trans and has for a while.
    I think he just had his numbers off. What he is saying is correct, but current is 1.5:1 and forthcoming is 1.76:1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •