Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Yeah, Its not a great selling point for the Max.
    I would be livid if I dropped 80k or more and this is the surf wave I would get!!! this type of info just keeps me in my faithful 07 XLV! My surf wave is amazing.. takes a while to fill up my internal bags one at a time and put my suck gate on but once its set up cant beat the performance!!
    Last edited by volfan705; 06-07-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by volfan705 View Post
    I would be livid if I dropped 80k or more and this is the surf wave I would get!!! this type of info just keeps me in my faithful 07 XLV! My surf wave is amazing.. takes a while to fill up my internal bags one at a time and put my suck gate on but once its set up cant beat the performance!!
    I got a great deal on my '15 LSV Surf Edition. But I could never seem to get it dialed in, or give me a wave that would make me want to keep paying for it every month. Not only that, we had to swamp the boat so much that we kept dipping the nose, and there was no good place to put the delta mission wake shaper on the hull.
    So what do you do? We were not throwing down a 100k for boat. I also didn't want an older boat and all the issues you WILL have with them. Out of everything on the Market, the Max seems to be the best deal for a new boat with all the "Surf Stuff". Remember this boat seats 17 people. Meaning that 17 people need to be sitting in it with full ballast having fun safely. Trust me, if you have all 17 people on board it will be great out of the gate. However, when You only have a crew of 3 for a last minute session, you are going to still need the weight of all 17 people. There is no way around it.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

I totally agree with you flienlow...it is hard to expect a top quality wave out of the box with Moomba as they just don't have enough stock ballast.

With that being said, I create a great wave on my Mondo with only 1-2 in the boat. I would say that I prefer surfing with a smaller crew...so my wave actually works the best with only 2-3 in the boat as I know exactly how to weight it!

Some of the competitors are throwing a better stock wave...but in a max to get a great wave you are plumbing in some mid-ship lockers for an extra 1200-1400 lbs....and buying some lead or an IBS...all in you are still <$2,000 in upgrades to get that wave dialed! Getting into a Supra SL, Centurion FI, or something that comes with larger stock ballast will get you a better stock wave...but you are spending a LOT more!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD