Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Should say right on the trailer sticker, if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And what he said, lol
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Ive watched the video but kind of wondered what real results were vs marketing results as those can sometimes very. Plus I have about 40lbs on those riders
    If you’re talking about my demo ride video there were no marketing stuff. It also wasn’t ideal as it was just me and the salesman. Last week I had a crew of 13 on the boat with no ballast the surf wave was legit! You’ll need to add weight to any of these boats if you want a really big wave. If you’re asking if people can surf on a stock Max the answer is yes. Check the Supra and Moomba Owners FB group as there was a recent post of Max wave pics and vids and some were stock to give you an idea. It’s a big boat and you’ll want to sink her to make big waves but if you don’t care about that then stock may work out for you. Best thing I can suggest is swing by your local dealer and have them take you out on a surf demo if they know how to setup the boat. I’m still trying to figure the settings out with stock but I do plan on upgrading as we don’t always have a big crew and usually just 3-6 of us.
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-04-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

OK next question, would you happen to know the trailer rating? Or how much lead it could handle without removing it? Thanks for all the answers very nice to know everything upfront vs surprises.
    Here you go

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

So the weak link here is the tires? Trailer is rated to carry 7500 but with the small D rated 14" tires we shouldn't exceed 6100?
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

We looking to order a Max this fall, that being said I keep seeing everyone adding 1-2K extra ballast to them to make a huge massive wave. Does anyone have a stock ballast 3-5 crew picture of the wave that they surf? Or one with maybe 3-400lbs lead added only? I'm coming from an older D-Drive so obviously its going to beat that but I don't want to have to put in extra bags and kill the storage if I don't have to. Plus the wife wont be very happy with me if Im adding something to a new boat already. Ive surfed a few Malibu's and Nautique in the past with decent ballast and a gate added and for me they were pretty well good to go.
    Here it is... Stock weight and 3 people in the boat.

DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Here it is... Stock weight and 3 people in the boat.

Yeah, Its not a great selling point for the Max.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Yeah, Its not a great selling point for the Max.
    Ya I should have played with lower angles to help sell the stock wave appear much better .
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

First two pics are from last weekend with stock ballast. 3 adults in the boat and one baby and one surfer. We have the 720's but not the correct rear bags to plumb them in so for a short day (and a husband with a broken foot) we didn't fill any extra ballast. Its surf able for sure. But not as fun as with the 720's and about 300 up front.

Last 3 or so pics are with the 750's and 5 or so people in the boat. Still don't have it dialed in all the way. Having a hard time getting a setting that works for weight shifts.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this posts today, keep getting error msg trying to reply.

Thinking I’m going to plan on just running 4-600 lead as it won’t take up much room in the Max. Thanks for the pictures and input