Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

My pride and joy. My 9 year old boy on his first rides of the 2019 season!

2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

My 9 year old boy getting a bit of airand his beautiful 4 year old sister waiting her turn. She likes to eat strawberries

https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...rgbcWLNG1W_I_1

https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...544fB_fdDW_dGl

https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...J2_zZtkHUPT4Ot

I can't get the pictures to upload
    Last edited by jimmsch; 06-03-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

That is impressive for a 9 year old. What speed and length rope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    That is impressive for a 9 year old. What speed and length rope?
    Thanks bro, he's at probably 50 - 55ft, GPS zero off at 19mph, about 60% of Max ballast in all 3 bags
    Now if he can only duplicate it on his toeside

Went out both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday started at 9am, but the water wasn't all that smooth, so we jumped straight to the foil. Took a few runs and then filled up just the Port 1100 bag and started working on my surf foiling. Only about 1/3 of the ballast I typically run for surf. I'm making progress. I might need a bigger wing though.

Then we docked on the Portland waterfront and had lunch out on the patio of Portland Sports Bar and Grill. Love that we can dock the boat up downtown and have access to great restaurants.

Picked up the afternoon crew at the restaurant, and it was just me and the girls. By early afternoon the river in front of downtown Portland was a hot mess. Rough, crowded, breezy. So we went to the lagoon and chilled for a while. There were a lot of crazy tieups, including one with a couple Supra's where the booze was flowing, asses were twerking and some of the girls on those boats were buck ass naked. Damn, Portland, you crazy!!!!

We didn't need any of that. Just kickin' it with a few of us soaking in the sunshine.

Then we tucked away the truck and the boat (it's rad we can fit them both behind the fence still hitched up with the boat still completely under the carport) and were ready to go out the next day.

The next day I was in the truck as I launched my wife in the boat... she drifted back toward the ramp and tried to pivot out. Didn't work so well as she told me she heard something scrape. Uh-oh. Since we were already in the water, I tested the boat up to 25mph and didn't feel any nasty vibrations... so we made a day of it. When we pulled it out of the water, we saw that a prop repair was definitely in order. Luckily there's a TON of places in Portland that repair props and prices are pretty competitive with quick turnaround and no sales tax. Plus, I have an identical spare in perfect condition, so it'll be an lesson learned for a price.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Looks like a great day Trayson.
    Let me try again to et pictures uploaded here.
    My 9 year old boy getting a bit of airand his beautiful 4 year old sister waiting her turn. She likes to eat strawberries

Yaayyy!! Pics uploaded, all I had to do was sign up for yet another web service thing!
    OPs can delete other post

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Every time I see your boat I'm reminded of Darth Vader. You even have a storm trooper tow vehicle to pilot him

Love it! Looks like you have some nice land too. Wave looks real nice and I need to add some midship ballast love to mine. I'm just concerned with losing space as we like to keep out hard cooler in there.
    Thank you for the compliments! Did you order yours with the rear side compartment storage bins? If so you can fit a couple soft coolers in one side and go ahead and add some midship bags. If not then you might as well fill all that extra space with some bigger rear bags and likely get the same effect while keeping room under the side benches. Either way you will not regret adding ballast. My wife hasn’t complained at all about the lost storage because she can see how much more fun I have surfing this year. I’m 6’4” 225lbs and can recover from WAY BACK, even when it’s just her in the boat.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    How well does your truck tow the max? Are you able to get it out of the water without 4x4? The barn looks like it has 9' doors? Ive got a 9' door but the opening is 106" from what I've gathered it wouldn't fit a max w the tower down.
    It tows it like a boss with the 6.2L (my wife’s new suburban does even better with the 6.2 and 10 speed auto) and pulls it up the ramp in 2wd no problem. I’ll measure the height of my door and let you know.

End of last season I forgot to fold the tower down and nailed the top frame. Didn’t hurt the boat, just my pride and it bent in the metal header beam enough to interfere with the door rolling up. I had to remove it, heat it with a torch, put each end up on some boards and jump on it/take a BFH to it to straighten out lol.
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thank you for the compliments! Did you order yours with the rear side compartment storage bins? If so you can fit a couple soft coolers in one side and go ahead and add some midship bags. If not then you might as well fill all that extra space with some bigger rear bags and likely get the same effect while keeping room under the side benches. Either way you will not regret adding ballast. My wife hasn’t complained at all about the lost storage because she can see how much more fun I have surfing this year. I’m 6’4” 225lbs and can recover from WAY BACK, even when it’s just her in the boat.
    Hmm I didn’t think about just upgrading the rear bags to 1200 lbs or whatever WM uses for the Max. Then I could use a couple hundred lbs of lead weight for midship to retain storage there. I didn’t order mine with the side storage since they didn’t look removable once you install them. The engine cover tray is a major pain in the ass to lift up much less remove (I still haven’t figured that out short of removing one of the gas struts). To check my oil I’ve been removing the side access panel rather than try to muscle that huge ass engine tray lol.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Hmm I didn’t think about just upgrading the rear bags to 1200 lbs or whatever WM uses for the Max. Then I could use a couple hundred lbs of lead weight for midship to retain storage there. I didn’t order mine with the side storage since they didn’t look removable once you install them. The engine cover tray is a major pain in the ass to lift up much less remove (I still haven’t figured that out short of removing one of the gas struts). To check my oil I’ve been removing the side access panel rather than try to muscle that huge ass engine tray lol.
    I was thinking along the lines of 1500lbs per side. I’m not sure if they make anything like that but there is tons of room to work with since you don’t have the trays
    2018 Murder Max