Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

My new 2006 Outback V can’t wait to mod and shred!

2006 Moomba Outback V

My buddy has a G23 as well. It’s a beautiful boat, but the wave is nothing to write home about. Mind you he is running stock underfloor ballast and 500lb of lead and that’s it. The rear lockers could take some big old bags, but for whatever reason he won’t do it.

So as it sits it’s OK, but again, nothing spectacular. My other buddies MXZ22 puts it to shame. That power wedge is awesome. Instant ballast simulation without any waiting time or need for bags and shit. But that boat stickers for twice what my Craz did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    My buddy has a G23 as well. It’s a beautiful boat, but the wave is nothing to write home about. Mind you he is running stock underfloor ballast and 500lb of lead and that’s it. The rear lockers could take some big old bags, but for whatever reason he won’t do it.

So as it sits it’s OK, but again, nothing spectacular. My other buddies MXZ22 puts it to shame. That power wedge is awesome. Instant ballast simulation without any waiting time or need for bags and shit. But that boat stickers for twice what my Craz did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know, the wave we had yesterday was amazing. My first run the wave seemed like it had a long flat spot right behind the boat. She said, "you want it steeper?" Pushed a button and bam, perfect wave. And only half ballast.

Compared to a Malibu - they burn less than 6 gal/hr in the G. I'll bet the Malibu burns double that with the wedge. That's a lot of $$$ every time out.

But again, a $195k boat vs my $50k boat? Yeah I can't justify that.
    2019 Supra SL450

I have 2 buddies with 2019 23 LSVs...the wave is great! It is not any bigger or better than my SL, but the ridiculous bow rise in a Malibu and the fact that the boat only turns one direction because the surf tab is sticking straight out the side of the boat...oh and there is no storage in a Malibu at all because of the plug in plays and the hard tank in the bow.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by ajbrooks1 View Post
    My new 2006 Outback V can’t wait to mod and shred!

Great looking boat, modding it is a slippery slope but a heck of a lot of fun. Enjoy!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I’ve got a buddy with a 18 g23... wave is stupid good at the flick of a switch. No extra ballast, all stock. In fact it’s too steep for some riders so we have to dial it back actually.

Not worth $100k variance, but i have dibs on his boat when he sells it

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Great looking boat, modding it is a slippery slope but a heck of a lot of fun. Enjoy!
    Thanks! First thing I want to do is FAE kit.

And probably a wax job lol
    2006 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post
    I’ve got a buddy with a 18 g23... wave is stupid good at the flick of a switch. No extra ballast, all stock. In fact it’s too steep for some riders so we have to dial it back actually.
    Yep, that's what we had to do. Ballasted wave was crushing my friend's daughter, they emptied all the water for her.
    2019 Supra SL450

Had a trip to Page AZ yesterday... little town right on the AZ side of lake Powell. Holy crap it’s fu@#%^g gorgeous here. Took a trip down to the dam, pretty cool place. It’s a mini Hoover Dam. Lol
    What I wouldn’t give for clean clear water like this in SE Texas. One day I’m doing a house boat rental for a week and bringing the SA.

Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

still waitin for ya to spend a day on mead
    had a guy from northern canada here last friday off another forum and he was amazed at the 100deg day and 80deg water temps. he had not been on a lake as large as mead and spent a good part of the day gawking.
    we are still dialing in our wave so I don't think he was so impressed with that but spending a day on any water is a good waste of 7 hrs.

those pics are fantastic. I could retire in page pretty easy..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten