Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    It was showing nearly 12 ft above full pool when I checked earlier today. Do they not have gates on that lake they can open? It seems to stay up for a long time once it gets up.
    I can’t say for sure but I don’t think they do. I think they have a spillway that if it reaches a certain level it will spill over but other than that they have 1 pump station that I know they pump water out of the lake into Yegua Creek at. Both are located in the southeast corner of the lake toward Overlook park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Supposedly they’re still dropping it 1” a day. But if that were true it woulda been back closer to normal pool by now.
    However... that lake is really nice 12’ high. You dont have to worry about a lot of the sand bars now and the useable lake is much larger for water sports other than fishing. If they’d just drop it about 5’ so you could get on the boat ramps again it’d be perfect in my opinion.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Found these on my GoPro from Saturday.

Scarlett finds volume knob. Turns knob to 11

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

That is a sharp looking truck! One of the best I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skee907 View Post
    FaceTimed with the wife while she pulled the boat out of storage and got it ready for the water. Reassembling the tower was the most tedious part, but she figured it out.

New truck pulls great and barely sagged at all. Will need to see how it does when it’s full of camping/boating gear, because I might end up adding some Timber Groves airbags to the back for stability and to level it all out.

2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I can’t say for sure but I don’t think they do. I think they have a spillway that if it reaches a certain level it will spill over but other than that they have 1 pump station that I know they pump water out of the lake into Yegua Creek at. Both are located in the southeast corner of the lake toward Overlook park.
    This seems backwards, aren't dams supposed to make electricity as they dump water, not use it?? Seems like this was not very well thought out haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Supposedly they’re still dropping it 1” a day. But if that were true it woulda been back closer to normal pool by now.
    However... that lake is really nice 12’ high. You dont have to worry about a lot of the sand bars now and the useable lake is much larger for water sports other than fishing. If they’d just drop it about 5’ so you could get on the boat ramps again it’d be perfect in my opinion.
    1" a day is not much, especially with all the rain we seem to keep getting on a weekly basis. I am not surprised there has not been a significant drop. We need the rain to cool it for the jam!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    That is a sharp looking truck! One of the best I've seen.
    Thanks! I still have yet to see it in person! My wife surprised me and picked it up while deployed!

- 1999 Moomba Outback LS/SK - 5.7 Indmar, Monster MT2 Tower, Kenwood Audio, Pyle Wake Tower Speakers

This seems backwards, aren't dams supposed to make electricity as they dump water, not use it?? Seems like this was not very well thought out haha.
    A Hydro-Electric Damn would but Lake Somerville Damn is for water supply.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    A Hydro-Electric Damn would but Lake Somerville Damn is for water supply.
    Yeah, I just think like a 12" pipe through the base of the dam with a small turbine generator in there wouldn't have been too expensive (maybe, I admittedly know nothing on the topic) and could provide enough power when flowing to run the Lake facilities. Maybe not though, maybe that would have cost like $300,000.00
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yeah, I just think like a 12" pipe through the base of the dam with a small turbine generator in there wouldn't have been too expensive (maybe, I admittedly know nothing on the topic) and could provide enough power when flowing to run the Lake facilities. Maybe not though, maybe that would have cost like $300,000.00
    Ya I am not a SME on this either

That might be what this is but with the jet out it looks like a pumping station

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

So it's not Moomba/Supra, but we had a chance to surf our local pros' 2019 G23 today. What a great wave, and almost infinitely customizable at the push of a button. Great wave, but not an extra $150k great.

Then we took them out and showed them what a 2014 Mondo can do! Actually, they killed it on my wave. Better/longer runs than they had on the G. No pics of that though.

This was the G with zero water ballast, just a couple hundred pounds of lead and 5 adults on board:
    2019 Supra SL450