Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Buying my 2nd SA and dealer is just as fair as the first time.

Some dealers may be taking advantage of the market and you can’t exactly blame them if there are 3.5x the boat buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If you are shopping moomba, expect 6-8% off MSRP, negotiate your first 20 hour service as it’s required and a $400-$600 bill, most dealers throw in ropes, anchor and life jacket kit. You probably can expect a 20% discount for a year on gear and boards if they have a pro shop.

You should be able to get whatever boat show incentives for this year too, no idea if there will be any this year.

Spot on Larry. Lol. Well Done.

I just returned from my appointment with Marine Products where I received a build sheet for a 21’ Max. Looks like I was offered almost exactly 7% off list with the first service included plus the discount in the pro shop. I was hoping I could get some ballast, ropes and maybe one beginner board thrown in, but maybe when I come in with my checkbook next time, I can convince him throw in a few more freebies if I promise to write out the deposit then and there.

I was pretty impressed with the value proposition, it actually came in noticeably cheaper than the Supreme I am comparing it to. The Supreme is more than a foot longer though.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Part of the pricing and people being somewhat hush hush is that you're not negotiating and buying a honda civic, more like a Mercedes or bmw even for "budget" boats and upwards. See dealer cost is an ok tool, but it doesn't account for a lot of variables. In the end, don't "expect" a discount off msrp, but go in, build a relationship with your dealer and work a deal you feel comfortable with. 2021 build spots are filling fast, lower inventory drives higher demand and prices as well. Of course some people will get a "bro" deal, others will pay more, just as with anything else.
    So how much off is a “bro-deal”?

2017 Supra SA

Man.. just got my makai quote

~2% off, no first service, no mention of life jackets etc, $3200 in dealer prep and freight plus tax... tax is a little high, a tad over $112k otd and on the trailer for a 2021 makai with the 400 6.2....

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post

~2% off, no first service, no mention of life jackets etc, $3200 in dealer prep and freight plus tax... tax is a little high, a tad over $112k otd and on the trailer for a 2021 makai with the 400 6.2....
    Definitely not a bro deal....My 7% was included in the first build sheet they gave me without me even having to ask for anything. Dealer is making about 20k on a deal like that...not cool.

Definitely not a "deal" but might be the current market Did you just request a quote over the phone/via email or have you been in to the dealer and started a relationship with them? You likely won't find any of the extras on a quote.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Definitely not a "deal" but might be the current market Did you just request a quote over the phone/via email or have you been in to the dealer and started a relationship with them? You likely won't find any of the extras on a quote.
    I tried to stop in, but they said it would be better to arrange the quote over the phone. No inventory, limited supply, it really didnt' sound like there would be an opportunity to deal(which I understand due to economics), or build a relationship.

To be honest, I'm a little put out by the dealer. I really like the Moombas over what's available in this price range in the market, but I felt as if I was being a pest just trying to get a quote. Technically they've been very helpful, just sort of a soup nazi feel from Seinfield when it comes to being able to buy a boat..
    Last edited by bmjenkins82; 09-17-2020 at 02:47 PM.

What is the typical deposit for a custom build?

Default What's a ballpark on pricing?

What is the typical deposit for a custom build?
    Both of my Supras were $2500 and honestly that is what I offered to put down, never really questioned what was required.

It may make a difference what color or options, if you picked something crazy versus a more mainstream color scheme, that could adjust the deposit.

As long as it’s a highly desirable color scheme that the dealer can sell if you back out, the deposit should be low.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 09-17-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I tried to stop in, but they said it would be better to arrange the quote over the phone. No inventory, limited supply, it really didnt' sound like there would be an opportunity to deal(which I understand due to economics), or build a relationship.

To be honest, I'm a little put out by the dealer. I really like the Moombas over what's available in this price range in the market, but I felt as if I was being a pest just trying to get a quote. Technically they've been very helpful, just sort of a soup nazi feel from Seinfield when it comes to being able to buy a boat..
    That's kinda strange, usually phone/email quotes are ballpark but when you are inside the dealership they will take you more seriously as a buyer...

I'd go in anyways to demonstrate intent.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX