Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    At what point for orders do you start ordering 2020 vs 2019? November or so?
    I thought with the SC boats, August will be time frame when 2020 start to showing up (a few) and all the new 2020 announcements are made.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    What is the typical increase in price from year to year on the new models?
    I think i recall reading the price increase last year was around 7% on the Moomba line. I think Supra was more.
    Dealers will have this info once they hear it from from SC.

You will have a pretty good deal going if you buy that, once you get your spray date, you head over to the SC factory and watch the boat being made.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 05-30-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

For those of you who finance do you go through the dealers financing institution or do you go through another 3rd party financier? What sort of interest rates are you guys getting? Any recommendations on third-party financing just to cross-check rates?

With 800 or better credit score depending on term length and amount you could see 4.5%-5.75%
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I have used independent financing from credit unions the last 2 new boat purchases. current boat was purchased used private party and credit union.
    they will typically have better rates than normal banks. always check your dealer first tho as he gets a kickback from financing and could toss in some freebies for using them.

spend some time and shop around but don't really waste a lot of your time until you are within a couple weeks of purchasing. with the economy and our "president", there's bound to be lots of drama in the market for a while and rumors are feds will be cutting rates the next go around to combat some of his crazy decisions on trade.

last boat was at 1.9% thru capital credit union in wisconsin. current boat is 3.9 at same bank. found a lot of rates in the high3's-low4's when we shopped last fall.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

https://michiganfirst.com/loans/rates/#marine

Outstanding lender to deal with.

Rates are higher than last year but this CU is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

You are not getting 1.9% on $130k boat loan for 120 months or longer.

Now if we are talking $30k for 60 months maybe...it all depends on term and how much you are financing as long as you have prime credit.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Thanks for the info! Those rates are better than I was assuming(6-7%) and we have excellent credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    You are not getting 1.9% on $130k boat loan for 120 months or longer.

Now if we are talking $30k for 60 months maybe...it all depends on term and how much you are financing as long as you have prime credit.
    believe it or not they would do 1.9 on that 130k boat with a down. not 20 years but 15. I refi'ed my '12 boat when I moved there in '13 for 1.9% on a 60k remaining balance-12 years. my last 2 cars were at 1.9 and truck is at 1.9-6 years as a used. their rates are up like everyones but 3.9 is pretty easy to get from them.
    I know that no one will believe but I bought my house in '13 from them when I moved there. 30 year amortization with a 5 year balloon at 1.9 financing. 20% down on a 199k house. they were an AWESOME bank to deal with but you have to live in the green bay area and to join. since I never closed accounts when I left WI I am able to buy vehicles/boats thru them.

just saying there are banks out there like this if you shop around.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

+1 for what Sandman said, if color scheme is of importance, custom order is the way to go.

There could be great discounts on a holdover model but most are dealer spec and boring.

At the end of the day, these toys are HUGE discretionary expenses so you should get what you truly want and not settle to save a few bucks.

At this price tier I'd rather wait until I had the coin to get it built to my own personal spec.

Buyer's remorse lingers way longer than feelings from a great deal on a boat you didn't really have your heart set on.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX