Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I have it split evenly side to side. 250# each.

I sit 200 # right in front of the rear bags on both sides. Spread out 2x2 and then 50# behind each leg of the front v-bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gonna try this tomorrow! So basically youve just made it so the lead is a continuation of the bags’ weight.

--
    2019 Craz

Ed Zachary!

2017 Moomba Craz

You also need to check your ballast levels immediately after a surf set. You first need to make sure your pitch and role settings are satisfied. Your actual pitch and role numbers will be green when under way. At that point the autowake will stop draining ballast to achieve the pitch and role set points. If you toggle off autowake you can see which bag(s) are still at 100% and which ones have drained. Add weight near the bags that are 100%. This will allow the other bags that have drained to stay more full, and therefore give you more displacement of the boat for a bigger wave. This is why I keep 250lbs of lead out of the lockers. I can quickly move it around if we change sides or people people seats.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    You also need to check your ballast levels immediately after a surf set. You first need to make sure your pitch and role settings are satisfied. Your actual pitch and role numbers will be green when under way. At that point the autowake will stop draining ballast to achieve the pitch and role set points. If you toggle off autowake you can see which bag(s) are still at 100% and which ones have drained. Add weight near the bags that are 100%. This will allow the other bags that have drained to stay more full, and therefore give you more displacement of the boat for a bigger wave. This is why I keep 250lbs of lead out of the lockers. I can quickly move it around if we change sides or people people seats.

Bingo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Tessa, I'll offer some thoughts that worked for me when I was trying to dial in my Craz's wake. I start by filling up the port and starboard bags 100% and the front to 70%. I found that with my wife and 2 girls in the boat I didn't have near enough weight and didn't get much push (and the sweet spot was really small). I got 400lbs of lead (heck you can get 45lbs bar weights from walmart if you really want to save $$). I surf regular (left foot forward) so I spread 150 lbs under the starboard bag and 250 under the port bag (I try to bias the side I surf on). This gives me a great wake with plenty of push. The sweet spot was very nice. To make it even bigger I filled up the front tank to 100% and lengthened the sweet spot even more with essentially the same push. My 350 lbs of passengers were spread evenly towards the back of the boat.

I've found this is the easiest way to start dialing in your wake. If you want to start experimenting play with the wake plate settings. Then once you get a feel for it you can move on to autowake and messing with the roll and pitch (amp) settings. This is more advanced and probably way too much to think about as a beginner.

Practice, practice and more practice
    2019 Moomba Craz - Autowake, 3600lb ballast + 400# lead,OJ 945
    2015 Monterey 204FSX sold

I have this same boat and just started researching this issue. I don’t get a ton of time to be on my boat and when I am I find I am constantly playing with settings to find the perfect wake. I normally only have 3 people in the boat, around 450lbs. I can find great looking rideable waves, but they don’t have a strong push or long pocket. It sounds like I need to get some lead bags. But along with this what speeds, wake plate %, surf gate% are you guys running? Do you use autowake, or manual? My Surf gate seems to default to 60%, I’m assuming I want this at 100%? Thanks for any advice everyone!
    Moomba Craz 2019

Default Best wakesurf setup for a 2019 Craz?

No ....surfplate NEVER @ 100% - it will make the wave long and flat like a pancake. Man...if I only had a dollar ever time I said this: MORE SURF PLATE IS NOT BETTER AND 100% IS NOT TWICE AS GOOD AS 50%!!!!

Fill everything 100%, leave Autowake off. Surfplate for natural foot around 55% and 65% for goofy. Wakeplate at 0. Speed start around 10.8. I surf 11.1-11.2.

All passengers on surf side.

Go back and read through this thread from the star. I’ve reiterated these settings numerous times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I took me setting my surf plate at 0%, taking off and at around 10.5 mph adjusting the plate at 5 % increments on the fly. This way you can watch the wave as it starts huge and steep. As the percentage rises the wave gets less steep and longer. My son weighs about 85 lbs. and he can surf with his Phase 5 Scamp at 11.6 mph with the surf plate at 80%. On the other hand, I weigh around 300 lbs. and I surf at 10.6 mph with the surf plate at about 40%. Takes a steep wave to push all that lard!!! The only thing I've changed from stock are the rear bags to 1100's. I fill everything completely full and for me I have to adjust wake plate all the way up. My son is usually at around 50%.
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport