Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

OK so I just went to the boat, and looked in that access hatch. I’ve looked in there 1 million times to check the level of the center tank and never saw the handle, because it was perfectly obscured by the ballast hose! I had to get a small adjustable wrench in there to loosen it first, because it was super tight. I removed it and was able to drain a bunch of water that was in there. Learned something new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

That’s a good one to remove as it’s the lowest point in the boat! I usually leave the stern plug in.

--
    2019 Craz

To those of you that never pull your plugs how do you get all of the water out of your hull and keep it dry? I always pull the T-Handle Plug when I get the boat out of the water (have never pulled the rear plug). There is never much water in there but I don't want any water sitting in my hull for an extended period of time.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I don’t have any water in my hull.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

my last boat got water in the bilge due to some duma$$ leaving the shower on(ya, that was me) and it filled up the bilge. took me 2 outings to figure it out.
    beyond that my last 2 boats have never had a drop of water in the bilge. current boat has 5 outings and bilge pumps have never been on. not even sure they work.
    supra prior had water in the bilge when the packing went bad but otherwise stayed bone dry.

I'm with larry in that we don't ever have it there.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    my last boat got water in the bilge due to some duma$$ leaving the shower on(ya, that was me) and it filled up the bilge. took me 2 outings to figure it out.
    beyond that my last 2 boats have never had a drop of water in the bilge. current boat has 5 outings and bilge pumps have never been on. not even sure they work.
    supra prior had water in the bilge when the packing went bad but otherwise stayed bone dry.

Mine is never dry.. Go figure.. Lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I always pull the T-Handle Plug when I get the boat out of the water (have never pulled the rear plug).
    This!!

Stazi, I am blown away that you did not know that there was a T-handle drain plug in the bottom on the hull.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I don’t have any water in my hull.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

So I am curious and just ahead of time I am not being argumentative just really curious but where is any water that people track in your boat going or if someone spills a bottle of water? Do yall ever rinse your floor? I have not had enough water to kick the auto bilge on as that takes a decent bit to float but I think it is safe to say at times I have had maybe a 1/2 gallon of water at my T-Handle Plug...... am I in the minority on this?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So I am curious and just ahead of time I am not being argumentative just really curious but where is any water that people track in your boat going or if someone spills a bottle of water? Do yall ever rinse your floor? I have not had enough water to kick the auto bilge on as that takes a decent bit to float but I think it is safe to say at times I have had maybe a 1/2 gallon of water at my T-Handle Plug...... am I in the minority on this?
    Ditto for me, I’ve kicked it on manually and it’s run for 10-15s or so. Especially after surfing (rails are buried in back, roller washing up against boat, etc)

And when I pull it at the ramp more always drains out the T handle hole

--
    2019 Craz

Mine regularly dumps out water when I’m surfing, after I stop. I think it’s a leaking ballast hose somewhere. I tried seeing if it’s the dripless packaging, actually dripping, but it’s almost impossible to see without ballast, and definitely iimpossible to check with ballast filled

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz