Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    OK so I just went to the boat, and looked in that access hatch. Iíve looked in there 1 million times to check the level of the center tank and never saw the handle, because it was perfectly obscured by the ballast hose! I had to get a small adjustable wrench in there to loosen it first, because it was super tight. I removed it and was able to drain a bunch of water that was in there. Learned something new!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ohio
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Thatís a good one to remove as itís the lowest point in the boat! I usually leave the stern plug in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    396

    Default

    To those of you that never pull your plugs how do you get all of the water out of your hull and keep it dry? I always pull the T-Handle Plug when I get the boat out of the water (have never pulled the rear plug). There is never much water in there but I don't want any water sitting in my hull for an extended period of time.
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    I donít have any water in my hull.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,398

    Default

    my last boat got water in the bilge due to some duma$$ leaving the shower on(ya, that was me) and it filled up the bilge. took me 2 outings to figure it out.
    beyond that my last 2 boats have never had a drop of water in the bilge. current boat has 5 outings and bilge pumps have never been on. not even sure they work.
    supra prior had water in the bilge when the packing went bad but otherwise stayed bone dry.

    I'm with larry in that we don't ever have it there.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    my last boat got water in the bilge due to some duma$$ leaving the shower on(ya, that was me) and it filled up the bilge. took me 2 outings to figure it out.
    beyond that my last 2 boats have never had a drop of water in the bilge. current boat has 5 outings and bilge pumps have never been on. not even sure they work.
    supra prior had water in the bilge when the packing went bad but otherwise stayed bone dry.

    I'm with larry in that we don't ever have it there.
    Mine is never dry.. Go figure.. Lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I always pull the T-Handle Plug when I get the boat out of the water (have never pulled the rear plug).
    This!!

    Stazi, I am blown away that you did not know that there was a T-handle drain plug in the bottom on the hull.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty(Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Phase Five Matrix

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I don’t have any water in my hull.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    my last boat got water in the bilge due to some duma$$ leaving the shower on(ya, that was me) and it filled up the bilge. took me 2 outings to figure it out.
    beyond that my last 2 boats have never had a drop of water in the bilge. current boat has 5 outings and bilge pumps have never been on. not even sure they work.
    supra prior had water in the bilge when the packing went bad but otherwise stayed bone dry.

    I'm with larry in that we don't ever have it there.
    So I am curious and just ahead of time I am not being argumentative just really curious but where is any water that people track in your boat going or if someone spills a bottle of water? Do yall ever rinse your floor? I have not had enough water to kick the auto bilge on as that takes a decent bit to float but I think it is safe to say at times I have had maybe a 1/2 gallon of water at my T-Handle Plug...... am I in the minority on this?
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ohio
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So I am curious and just ahead of time I am not being argumentative just really curious but where is any water that people track in your boat going or if someone spills a bottle of water? Do yall ever rinse your floor? I have not had enough water to kick the auto bilge on as that takes a decent bit to float but I think it is safe to say at times I have had maybe a 1/2 gallon of water at my T-Handle Plug...... am I in the minority on this?
    Ditto for me, Iíve kicked it on manually and itís run for 10-15s or so. Especially after surfing (rails are buried in back, roller washing up against boat, etc)

    And when I pull it at the ramp more always drains out the T handle hole


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Mine regularly dumps out water when Iím surfing, after I stop. I think itís a leaking ballast hose somewhere. I tried seeing if itís the dripless packaging, actually dripping, but itís almost impossible to see without ballast, and definitely iimpossible to check with ballast filled


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •