Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thank-you for the constructive feedback. We learned our lesson. Yes, we should have read the owners manual and we did read many parts of it. Enough said about that. I find it interesting for 5 years the dealer has always put the drain plugs back in. In fact, the back drain plug under the platform was in. Center plug was not. For the first time, EVER, they are telling us it's our job to check the drain plugs.

No need to tell me again it's our responsibility. I get it, I have let go and am moving forward. As a courtesy, I would expect the dealer to communicate. Even if its in the manual. Probably would save more than a few from this experience. Thank-you, again. Have a great boating summer.
    Kim

2014 Mojo

It doesn’t change the fact that the boater is ultimately responsible to check first, but I’m very surprised the dealer did not zip tie it to the steering wheel. That is certainly the professional thing to do in my opinion.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

If it makes you feel better\worse...my dealer reminded me 5x when I bought my boat about the center plug....and the drain plugs are zip-tied in a bag to my steering wheel at winterization.

Really glad you got it onto the trailer though!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I won't beat the dead horse on who's ultimately responsible. my bigger takeaway was the op's perceived lack of caring about the issue from the dealership side. granted we're only hearing one side of the conversation with the sales manager and there's always 3 sides(his/theirs and somewhere the truth) but here was a missed opportunity as a retail manager to help make a customer happy which at some point could lead to a trade in of the mojo toward a max.
    my gut would be this experience does sour the relationship a little. maybe not to the point that the op seeks another mechanic but when trade time comes they do have a longer uphill battle than if they would have helped the op.

as a sales manager, show some empathy, offer to pass the feedback on to the shop manager and perhaps a free towel or discount on something.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

At least it was the center one, that one at least someone can stick their finger in the port to stop the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by kpastrick View Post
    Thank-you for the constructive feedback. We learned our lesson. Yes, we should have read the owners manual and we did read many parts of it. Enough said about that. I find it interesting for 5 years the dealer has always put the drain plugs back in. In fact, the back drain plug under the platform was in. Center plug was not. For the first time, EVER, they are telling us it's our job to check the drain plugs.

No need to tell me again it's our responsibility. I get it, I have let go and am moving forward. As a courtesy, I would expect the dealer to communicate. Even if its in the manual. Probably would save more than a few from this experience. Thank-you, again. Have a great boating summer.
    Just curious, I see your location is Cleveland OH, where is the closest dealer up there?
    2018 Supra SL400

Sure makes sense to me!
    Kim

2014 Mojo

Buckeye Sports in Peninsula, Ohio. 30 minutes from Cleveland
    Kim

2014 Mojo

Now that is great customer care/service!
    Kim

2014 Mojo

Agree! I talked to the service manager, today. He was much better about taking care of me and explaining things. He basically said there is no easy answer but agreed there needs to be better communication. The sales manager handled the situation poorly, service manager was very good. I care more about him then the sales guy when it comes to our boat.

In our discussion he told me the majority of boats have center plugs. However, I grew up with Glastrons and raised our family with a Glastron. They do not have center plugs. If they had, I would have definitely know better.

Thanks
    Kim

2014 Mojo