Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Autowake add on?

Just wondering if auto wake is something that can be added on later to the new boats? Assuming that it's just a plug in and program type of thing?

I'd love to know this answer too.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

I recall there being a thread on the benefits of autowake, maybe 2 yrs ago or so, one thing I noted was some people mentioning they were turning it off. AW will empty ballast in order to achieve a wake shape so to speak, and fills/empties ballast depending on weight distribution(passengers, gear, etc). SOme did not like the idea of loosing weight and therefore overall displacement. Not sure if AW is different now. I do continue to have reservations about loosing displacement to achieve a particular wave amplitude or shape. I can shape the wave amp and length by moving people around or using the wakeplate and surf tabs and changing speed without affecting displacement. I obv do not have AW in my boat now so I'm not speaking from experience but rather from what I remember from other threads, and from simple deduction., and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. The only thing I wish I had was a digital modern touchscreen to quickly adjust the plate/tab settings easily and quickly. As it is now the process of navigating my screen to make adustments is very cumbersome.
    Last edited by Isaguel; 05-29-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Autowake will adjust ballast to achieve pitch and roll.

However once you understand it, you can max your ballast and move your Crew or lead in the static mode and hit your pitch and roll dynamically.

It’s really awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Just wondering if auto wake is something that can be added on later to the new boats? Assuming that it's just a plug in and program type of thing?
    This thread died without the original question being answered. I have the G6 ballast system on my 2020 Mojo but not autowake. Is adding Autowake a simple software upgrade or is there a little more involved in adding this to my boat?
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

don't know the answer but i'm sure a phone call to your dealer would answer it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    This thread died without the original question being answered. I have the G6 ballast system on my 2020 Mojo but not autowake. Is adding Autowake a simple software upgrade or is there a little more involved in adding this to my boat?
    No, It can't readily be added after the fact. It is PDM's, sensors, the inclinometer, amplitude tube and other various components that make it all run. Anything is possible with money, but it wouldn't be feasible.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    No, It can't readily be added after the fact. It is PDM's, sensors, the inclinometer, amplitude tube and other various components that make it all run. Anything is possible with money, but it wouldn't be feasible.

I added it to my Craz, I would ask your dealer, it's all plug and play..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I really like the idea of the “Go Home” feature available with the MY21 boats. I am wondering if it would work for wakeboarding to level the boat or would it be constantly trying to correct the list that the rider creates on the boat when that are edging hard outside the wake? Has anybody tried using this feature for wakeboarding?
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Autowake works really well for wakeboarding as is no real need to use the tabs to level it does it with ballast
    2020 Supra SA